7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 12:12 PM by ACC3954830 RSS

Does Slingbox 500 work with Boxee Box?

d_luv01

I am interested in buying a Slingbox 500 to replace my legacy Slingbox. Wanted to know if it will work with my Boxee Box?

• Re: Does Slingbox 500 work with Boxee Box?
          Apprentice

Hello d_luv01,

Excellent Question! I have great news! The Slingbox 350 and 500 are compatible with the Boxee Box.

Have a great day!

The Sling Moderation Team

andrermf Newbie

Archie

Have you test it? What about The picture quality? Like watching hd over cable?

Apprentice

Hello andrermf,

It's funny you ask that. I actually ran a test again today to make sure we didn't run into any "bumps" and everything was perfect. The picture quality is clear and crisp.

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

d_luv01

I can also confirm that the girl at customer Care performed the test with the a boxee and Slingbox 500 in their office lab and it worked. I am off to buy the slingbox 500 tomorrow.

One last thing. I just wanted to confirm that the Sligbox 500 also supports running an SD stream. I may not always have the internet connection speed to run in HD. I guess the current UI feature to adjust the stream quality would do the trick right?

andrermf Newbie

That's beautiful. That's why I'm buying the new 500... To have full hd in my wd tv live. Hope that3.5/4mb are enough for a crystal clear image

By the way. Do you know when wd tv live issue with the new s500 and 350 is solved?

ACC3954830

Hey Guys,

I am having major issue with the boxee and the 350.  My pro Hd had no problems at all.  I think there is a bug with boxee that needs to be addressed.  I am not the only one having this issue.  I have posted my issue in this forum but have not had a reply. 

What will happen is on HD or better quality the picture will freeze but the stream will continue.  I am able to pause it.  Then when I restart it is paused.   I also notice when this happens the stream will continue but the buffers will just start to increase.  I have a more detailed post about this but wanted to reply here and let you guys know there is a issue with boxee and the new 350.  I have tested multiple boxes with the same result.  I am not sure if this only happens with remote viewing as I see some have tested it locally with no issues. 

Please slingbox team help us out.  I can't even enjoy TV anymore and am

About I move to a computer and ditch boxee all together.  I don't want to do that but I can't have this issue continue. 

Thanks in advance for any help