5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 12:21 PM by papasmurf RSS

Player update on October 19 does not work well, can I go back?

jbyrne

Hi,

The previous update to the player for watch.slingbox.com has been working really well for me, but when I connected on Friday October 19 I was told that I had to update the player plugin. Since doing that I have found that the new version (1.5.12.732) is much worse, and a number of really annoying problems that were fixed in the previous update have all come back. These are:

- Video and audio out of sync for a long time when starting up.

- Leftover bits of an old picture flickering at the top and bottom of the screen when the remote control appears in fullscreen mode.

- The video jumps back about one second each time the remote control is shown or hidden in fullscreen mode.

I used to have all these problems when I first started using Slingbox in July, but they were fixed in the previous update (I can't remember when - September?). Now, with this new player all these problems have come back again and the experience is much worse. Is there any way to go back to the version of the player I was using last week which worked properly?

I have a Slingbox Pro HD and am using watch.slingbox.com on 64-bit Windows 7 with Firefox 16.0.1.