2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 2:43 PM by RSParsons RSS

Is Slingbox HD compatible with more than one HD Source at a time?

RSParsons

I'm using component cables with my Slingbox HD connected to my Comcast HD DVR box and having no problems.  I also have a DirecTV HD DVR box and wondered if there is any way to connec tboth HD sources to the Slingbox HD?  It appears that there is only one input available for connecting an HD source to the Slingbox HD and if there were two connections available or a work around available, I'm not sure how you would tell the Slingbox which HD source you wanted to view.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

RSP

• Re: Is Slingbox HD compatible with more than one HD Source at a time?
          alanrichey42 Master

Get the new Slingbox 500  .  That is the only way you can connect 2 HD sources.  The Pro-HD (I assume that is what you mean) can connect to only 1 HD source.

And I should point out that if you used the DirecTV box to drive the HDMI input then you would not be able to stream any protected (HDCP) content.

• Re: Is Slingbox HD compatible with more than one HD Source at a time?
              RSParsons

Thanks for the information.  I've been reading about the Slingbox 500 and at first glance it seems the ideal way to have two HD sources for use, having both an HDMI and Component inpus for HD usage.  The problem of course, as you pointed ou,t is that the broadcasts protected via HDCP will not let you stream any of their content via HDMI to another source such as a laptop.  This renders the HDMI connection virtually useless for HD content since much of it, and likely even more in the future, will be HDCP protected.  In light of this fact, Slingbox should have provided two Componet inputs to be able to use two HD sources.

RSP