11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 1:14 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Motorola VIP1963 (PVR)

helmair

"No video" Component cables)  - sound OK.

and I can't find a remote that works....

Have used Motorola 1910-9, but video quality is very poor.

Grateful for any answers

• Re: Motorola VIP1963 (PVR)
          alanrichey42 Master

Can't help with the 'no video', unless you are using an HDMI cable to feed your TV (in which case DON'T)

Remote available at  Motorola VIP-1963

helmair

No. Component has been disabled, and there is no way to enable it.

Some software issue between fiber and component.

Have seen several convertors on the net at prices lower than you suggest.

The Slingbox 500 is still not available in Norway. That would have been one solution....

rgds

alanrichey42 Master
                No. Component has been disabled, and there is no way to enable it.

No, I said Composite (ie. Yellow cable) not component (Orange.Blue/Green)

Have seen several convertors on the net at prices lower than you suggest.

.OK, in that case tell everyone on this forum in a post titled "Cheaper HDMI to Component converters" as this is crucial knowledge and I have never seen anything on here refering to another option to the HD Fury.

The Slingbox 500 is still not available in Norway. That would have been one solution....

Buy a USA one, it will work.  Although make sure you have a supported device (i.e. NOT the VIP 1963) as there is no way of installing a Custom Remote.

helmair

Motorola 1910-1 and 1963 are the only decoders that come with this provider (and also the others in my area)

Buying a US slingbox would mean a converter (60 to 50 Hz and 110 to 230v) - not an option.

Will find a "HDMI-to-component" on the net with good user recommendation and post it.

There are several "just cables" with HDMI in one end and 3 "phono"- contacts in the other. They don't work, according to comments.

rgds....

alanrichey42 Master
                        Motorola 1910-1 and 1963 are the only decoders that come with this provider (and also the others in my area)

That would be a problem.  Only the 1920 and 1963 are in the supported list and I don't think they are the same.

Buying a US slingbox would mean a converter (60 to 50 Hz and 110 to 230v) - not an option.

No, the 60hz/50hz is not relevant as it does not have a tuner.  It uses worldwide standards for composite/component and HDMI.  And, like most electrical kit these days, mine came with a mutli-voltage charger.    So it would be fine.