7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 8:03 PM by faithinformed RSS

Cannot use Airplay with Slingbox IOS APP from Iphone/Ipad.. No Video

maxboost99

Before I was able to Airplay my Slingbox feed to my Apple TV and watch on my Television.  Since the latest update to IOS 6 and IOS slingplayer APP update, this feature has been eliminated.  I'm only able to hear the sound from my tv and the video remains on my IOS device.  Will this be fixed on the next APP update?

• Re: Cannot use Airplay with Slingbox IOS APP from Iphone/Ipad.. No Video
          Apprentice

Hello maxboost99,

Great Question! I see that you have updated the iPad and the Slingplayer, have you also updated the Apple TV as well? If you haven't ran the update for the Apple TV, try running the update and test the Airplay option again.

Best Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

bjl4130

Has there been any update on this? It appears unresolved.

I just bought an atv3 and downloaded the slingplayer app. If I AirPlay mirror by double tapping the iPad 2 home button I get both sound and picture but only letterbox. However if I try to AirPlay directly using the icon in the slingplayer app I only get audio. Slingplayer app is currently the only app I have which only sound comes through. For all other apps and sites streaming video, I receive both audio and video in 16:9.

Has there been a fix for this yet by sling? Please help. Thanks!

faithinformed

I too am wondering if there have been any updates on this. I'm using a 3rd gen iPad with a 3rd gen ATV. AirPlay works fine with every other app but Slingplayer. If I set the quality to High, it works as normal but as soon as I switch it to Auto or Standard the video cuts out and only audio comes through. If I turn on mirroring via the home button I do have video and audio, but lose the ability to use my ipad as a remote (exactly what is on  my ipad is what is shown on the screen).

Since my connection isn't always strong enough for the High setting, this means my rather expensive ipad app is pretty useless (I'm not a big fan of watching directly on my ipad and would rather use the big screen when possible).