7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 11:36 PM by mkitv RSS

Slingplayer will not install

mkitv

slingboxerror.png

Hi

When activating my slingbox, I am prompted to install a new slingplayer. I have tried this several times before, and it have always worked fine.

But, this time, the slingplayer will not install.

At a certaint time during installation, I am prompted to close the explorer, and continue the installation.

BUT, This prompt box keeps comming back, and the installation is never started or finished.

I have experienced this on several different computers.

I am using Windows 7, - 32 bit IE

Can anyone help me with this issue ??

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Slingplayer will not install
          raymoll

I am experiencing this exact problem.  Sorry, I have not been able to find an answer.  Please let me know if you figure it out.  Thank you

tomingram

I too am having the same issue. My IE is closed and the box still comes up.

I cannot watch on my Android tablet either as my Slingbox is not compatible.

I hate SLING!!!! 

gmoney Newbie

It's not a Sling issue - it's an IE issue.

Start the Task Manager from the taskbar.

Click on the Processes tab.

Find the iexplorer.exe image name.

Select iexplorer.exe and click the End Process button.

pyoffe

I'm having this same problem with a Mac Pro laptop...it worked up until this new plug-in requirement.

It still works fine on my Iphone however.

gmoney Newbie

You can't be having the same problem - you're using a Mac, these issues are with Internet Explorer for Windows.

There's no Internet Explorer for Mac that works with the plugin.

Please post your issue to a new thread or find one that actually covers your issue.

mkitv

Hi gmoney

This is still a sling problem.

They are the ones creating the IE programs, and causing the problems...

Please note, I have been using Slingbox for about a year, with no problems. The latest updates have caused a lot of problems for many users.

SLING please wake up and correct theese erorrs and improve your software.

You may have a great product, but your poor programming and user interface will kill it.

thanks in advance

gmoney Newbie

This thread is about people trying to use a Windows Installer to install a web plugin and how the Internet Explorer web browser doesn't quit: it keeps running, preventing the plugin install from completing.

If you have issues with the quality of Sling products, please raise them in a thread on that's on that topic.  This exact issue has been around since there was an Internet Explorer and it is not exclusively a Sling issue.  Please do not treat it as such.

Please do not muddy the waters for people who have a specific issue and are looking for a specific solution.

Please follow the house rules and be helpful - not a distraction.

You feedback is valuable and appreciated - please just share it where it is additive and not subtractive.