6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 2:18 AM by csom84 RSS

Connection timed out when finding slingboxes

xchrisjx

Hi all,

In the last week slingplayer on boxee has been struggling to connect to my slingbox. It logs into the account fine, but ultimately times out at the "finding slingboxes stage".

Often if I repeatedly retry (sometimes a dozen times or more) it eventually connects, but it is very unreliable.

My laptop on the same wireless connection can connect fine and network setup hasn't changed at all since it was working perfectly.

Any suggestions?

• Re: Connection timed out when finding slingboxes
          topgun1000

I just started having this problem today.  I have 2 boxee boxes and it is occurring on both boxes.  I did a search on the boxee forum and people say to go through the internet viewing setup again and it should work.  I tried it, and it did not help one bit.  No other solutions have been put out there which is very disappointing.  I am thinking it is a problem with Slingbox's servers, but if it has been going on for awhile, that may not be the case.

csom84

Hi.

I'm having the same problem. Watching a Slingbox PRO HD, the boxeebox logins to my account but when it says "finding slingboxes" it times out

and gives me a "code:3" error.

This just oocurs on my boxeebox and not on my iphone or mac.

I've seen a pattern when this occur and it's just round 4 am ET, give or take an hour. The rest of the day it works just fine.

topgun1000

I just tried connecting to my slingbox using the boxee box and am having this problem again.  Good call on it occurring at 4:00 am EST.  I haven't noticed this, but looking back, it does seem to occur most often at that time.  The past two days, I have been able to connect just fine, however my streaming was stuttering and the kbps were jumping all over the place from 1300 to 120 when normally I get a stable 2100.  So I'm not sure what's going on.  I've tried several things such as running through the internet set up all over again, but it hasn't helped.  Things seem to just clear themselves up after a few hours so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the sling servers.

csom84

I've done alot to find the problem. Restart my router reset my boxeebox to factory settings and it does not seem to help in anyway.

The Time is now 5 am EST and I'm still getting this error.

The strange thing is that now I'm watching from my mac without the problem occuring.

I've tried this for some weeks now and it is occuring in a time span between maby 3 am to 5 am I guess.

So if it is the sling servers that have a  problem they must have set a timer to when the problem should occur

topgun1000

I was able to log on after 10-15 attempts about 10 minutes ago.  Check to see if it works on your end.

csom84

I tried now 5:14 am EST and it worked just fine the first attempt.

I'm located in Sweden and watching a slingbox located in NYC and my bandwidth is steady at least abowe 3000 kbps. sometimes it's 4400.