1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 10:46 AM by shaysfn RSS

I can control the DirectTV, but I get no actual picture.

irishfan1983

Hello,

I'm away from home and having trouble with my DirectTV picture.  When I log into my Slingbox, everything appears to work correctly.  It connects to the DirectTV just fine, and even pulls up the correct channel listing.  I can change the channels like normal, but no video appears on the screen.  The channel headers (the header that pops up when you switch channels) comes up just fine.  I can even see it input "2-0-6" to watch ESPN.  The channel changes, the header goes away, and no video.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: I can control the DirectTV, but I get no actual picture.
          shaysfn Novice

Hey irishfan1983,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that you are having trouble getting any video over your Slingbox and you are not at home.

I do have a couple of questions for you, the first being, do you have an HDMI cable going from your directv box to your TV?  The second being, what type of Slingbox do you have?

With you not being at the Slingbox location, we are very limited on what troubleshooting we can do, but once you provide me with the information requested, I can at least point you in the right direction.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team