2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2010 11:15 AM by cmsdloma RSS

Slingbox Pro-HD and Fios

computerperson

Does Slingbox Pro-HD work with Fios and does it have a HDMI connection?  Do I need to provide the HDMI cable or is it contained in the packing?

• Re: Slingbox Pro-HD and Fios
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Computerperson,

Does Slingbox Pro-HD work with Fios and does it have a HDMI connection? 

Yes, it'll work with FiOS.  No, it does not have an HDMI connection.

Pro HD Back (Annotated).png

(Click to Enlarge)

The HDCP copy protection protocols built into the HDMI spec tends to cause some very annoying problems if you're using more than one display device.  Slingbox is basically a TV without a screen, so it can run into those headaches with HDMI.  Component keeps everything working reliably.  Regardless, there is no HDMI on the Sling Pro HD.

Do I need to provide the HDMI cable or is it contained in the packing?

No HDMI, so no HDMI cable.

From the User Guide (link), here's what is in the box:

Picture 1.png

Hope this helps,

- Az

• Re: Slingbox Pro-HD and Fios
              cmsdloma Newbie

The new Sky+HD boxes do not have a Component video out.  They have the standard HDMI out.  How are we supposed to connect the UK Slingbox Pro HD to the mainstream platform for HD broadcasting - the Sky HD box?  There is no way to transfer a signal from one to the other in HD at all.  And am I right that the Slingbox Pro HD neither has a Freeview HD tuner?  Did you actually think this product through?