3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 1:21 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Confirm compatibility of remote

ptboy

I am switching cable providers here in NYC to RCN. They will provide a new HD box: Motorola DCX700 all digitial HD set-top.

I need to know if Slingbox currently has a software version compatible with this remote. And if not, I was informed by your help desk that you can write code to provide compatibility.

Please advise.

Peter Thom

Case # 622634

• Re: Confirm compatibility of remote
          alanrichey42 Master
          I need to know if Slingbox currently has a software version compatible with this remote. And if not, I was informed by your help desk that you can write code to provide compatibility.

Who is "you" ?

See http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000164 to check if the box is supported.   if not I think you will find that any Motorola DCxxx box wil work.

ptboy

Sorry. I did not know this message ws for general consumption. "You" was directed to Slingbox technicians.

And thanks for your reply. Looks like I'm good to go if, as you say, all DCXxxxx boxes are compatible.

alanrichey42 Master
                  Sorry. I did not know this message ws for general consumption. "You" was directed to Slingbox technicians.

OK, although they won't do it for months, I can tell you that. 

But if you do have a problem, then come back and I will try and build one for you.    That was the reason for the question.  As far as I know I am the only person who build Custom Remotes for people and I just don't like the Support line assuming I will do their job for them.