1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 10:12 AM by archie.sling RSS

Slingplayer (for Tablets) will not connect on LAN

gmanvbva

I recently updated my Slingplayer for tablets to the most recent version and my HTC View will no longer connect over the LAN (while at home).

It will connect over my WAN but this doesn't not provide me with the best quality and (unnecessarily) impacts other people in my household who may be using the internet (VOIP, netflix, hulu, etc.)

The same device will connect both over the LAN and WAN using the Slingplayer for phones application on the same device (HTC View). This confirms that there is a issue with just the tablet app.

To recap...

Previous version of Slingplayer for Tablets worked over the LAN and WAN.

Current version of Slingplayer for Phones works over the LAN and WAN.

Current version of Slingplayer for Tablets only works over the WAN.

BTW all other devices I have (Windows, Mac, Android Phone, iPhone, iPad, etc.) can connect on both LAN and WAN also.

• Re: Slingplayer (for Tablets) will not connect on LAN
          Apprentice

Hello gmanvbva,

This is a very interesting question! I have a few suggestions in regards to the Slingplayer for tablet troubleshooting:

• Make sure all components are up to date, including the Tablet itself
          • Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Slingplayer application

If you have tried these basic troubleshooting steps and the same issue is occurring please contact us for further assistance. Below I have provided our contact information article:

Have a fantastic day!

The Sling Moderation Team