12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2012 9:53 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingbox Pro HD Remote won't work with CanalSat CUBE

wgb@wbrown.com

Like a previous user (mac1_131 6/14/2012), when I choose the Cube satellite receiver (CanalSat in France) in the setup menu of my new Slingbox Pro HD (European model purchased in France from Amazon), I cannot control the cursor and certain other keys.  The numbers work but the cursor and certain other keys do not work.  I purchased this new Slingbox Pro HD to replace an old Slingbox Pro in order to have a high definition output.  The Slingbox Pro controls perfectly the CUBE.  Thus today I can watch programs through the Slingbox Pro HD but can only control the CUBE by using the Slingbox Pro.

(Parenthetically, I purchased an HDFury which works wonderfully in converting the HDMI output from the CUBE to high definition RGB.)

mac1_131 says that his problem was solved when Slingmedia sent him a new Slingbox Pro HD but I just received a replacement Slingbox Pro HD from Holland and it has exactly the same problem.  I can put in numbers, the menu, but no other commands.  I have reversed the blasters and eliminated them as a possible problem.

I have also downloaded all similar remote control drivers including Jim Dunne's file specifically designed for the CUBE.  The Pilotime remote, for example, has the same problem, namely it works the numbers but not the cursors.

Is it possible that I was sent a second Slingbox Pro HD with the same hardware problem?  Or has the firmware in the CUBE changed something?  Or do I have an old driver file in my old red Slingbox Pro which works and a newer defective driver in my new black Slingbox Pro HD?  Or is there some other cause of my problem?

Is there a way to know the particular cursor codes for the CUBE and replicate them in some other way?  Or at least test to see if the blasters are putting out the correct IR signal?  What about testing with a programmable Multi-system remote that will iminitate codes?  What do you advise?

I am desperate.  PLEASE HELP!  Thank you in advance.

William G. Brown (wgb@wbrown.com) or Skype "frogland1234"

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD Remote won't work with CanalSat CUBE
          alanrichey42 Master

On the face of it that doesn't make sense.  Maybe the Pro & Pro-HD are accessing different databases to download the Remotes ?  There is no lofical reason for that but Sling have never claimed to be logical

Here's a Custom Remote I built for the Cube.   Does it work on your Pro-HD ?

wgb@wbrown.com

To: Alan,

Thanks for your answer.

I had already tried your file and it has the same problem as the one provided in the menu.  Maybe the original driver is different on my old Slingbox Pro which works perfectly but I really doubt it.

I am not in France right now but will be there next week and I am taking a couple of old US model Slingboxes with me.  I'll try your file in them and if they work, it will be proof that I have a hardware problem in the refurbished or new replacement Slingbox Pro HD I just received.  I'll get back to you.

Bill

alanrichey42 Master
                  I had already tried your file and it has the same problem as the one provided in the menu.  Maybe the original driver is different on my old Slingbox Pro which works perfectly but I really doubt it.

That was clever, how did you do that when I only built it 2 minutes before posting it ?     And the BIN files ARE the driver, that is what you download to the Slingbox when you run the setup.  So they should be identical in both boxes.

I am not in France right now but will be there next week and I am taking a couple of old US model Slingboxes with me.  I'll try your file in them and if they work, it will be proof that I have a hardware problem in the refurbished or new replacement Slingbox Pro HD I just received. 

I guess it's possible that the area of flash memory where the remotes is stored is damaged, but that would be unlikely on both boxes.   Have you tried installing it on one of the unused inputs (no need to rewire anything) and see if the controls work then ?

wgb@wbrown.com

Dear Alan,

How do you spend so much time answering everyone's question?  You're a miracle man.

I thought that I had installed your CUBE drivers but I just downloaded the ones you sent me, overwrote the custom V2010 that I had installed that I thought you had written but perhaps they were written by someone else, and yours work.  Thus I can move the cursor which proves that the BIN files downloaded from SlingMedia's site are defective and that the hardware in my Slingbox Pro HD is working properly.

Thus I am in business.  Thank you.

Two problems remain however:

1. I can't find  two important buttons: the "Sortie" or Exit and the "Retour" or "Return."  Am I missing something?  Are they custom coded? and

2. Is there any way to change the generic remote on the screen to the actual "CUBE's" remote?  This correct remote appears on the screen if I install SlingMedia's CUBE file which don't work.  The CUBE's remote is easier to use than the generic and it also is shorter and fits on the screen.

Finally, since the BIN file installed from SlingMedia on my old Slingbox Pro (red) a number of years ago works perfectly, I have obviously not tried any other file on that Slingbox Pro.  Is there any way to transfer the driver from my old Slingbox Pro to my new or refurbished Slingbox Pro HD?  I doubt it but one never knows.

It will be interesting to try the various files on the US Slingboxes I am taking to France next week.  It is all quite mysterious.

Bill

wgb@wbrown.com

Dear Alan,

Whoops -- I must have been blind or my English must be failing!

I just found the "Last" key which is "Retour" and the "Exit" key which is "Sortie" on the generic remote!

I apologize for my blindness.

Thus the remaining question is whether there is a way to have the CUBE's actual remote appear on the screen instead of the generic remote.

Bill

PS Out of curiosity, where do you live?  Actually I purchased the new Slingbox Pro HD for use in Paris where I have an incredibly fast internet connection to use with Numericable's new "Box" but the "Box" does not work despite multiple visits by technicians.  I have a date with their technician next Thursday and we'll see what they can do.  I am therefore thinking of putting a CanalSat Cube in Paris using the Numericable's internet connection to get HD in the United States.  The CanalSat Cube is almost as easy to use as a TIVO and actually permits category / sub-category searches better than any other device or program that I know of.  I record almost entirely operas, other classical music programs and children's programs for my grandchildren. If you use Skype and have a minute, give me a call at frogland1234.