7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2012 6:57 PM by matapan2012 RSS

Editing Devices

matapan

Just added a second Slingbox device, a Slingbox AV.

How does one edit or delete the device from the directory when one did not add the device correctly in Slingplayer for iPhone?

There appears to be only the option to add. The Edit button doesn't work for editing or deleting an existing entry.

• Re: Editing Devices
          shaysfn Novice

Hey matapan,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that you have questions on how to edit your directory.  I have an article that explains

how to do just that.

You can also try going to Accounts.slingbox.com, log into your account, and on the left you can click on Directory.  Once that comes up, on the right, you should see where it says "remove" or "edit".

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team

matapan

Thanks for the info. Do you know how to remove the entry in the SlingPlayer for iPhone? The entries appear not to be in sync with the info entered on the Slingbox website.

shaysfn Novice

Hey matapan,

Good to hear from you again.  I would recommend uninstall and reinstalling the application once you have removed the Slingbox via our previous exchange.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team

matapan

Only one entry, a correct one appears in the directory on accounts.slingbox.com.

To this end, I deleted the app off of my iPhone, then reinstalled it.

Unfortunately, the same three entries show up in the directory, two of which I added from the iPhone which are incorrect.

How can I remove these bad entries off the iPhone app?

matapan

bump.....

Do any of the moderators have an answer to this question?

matapan

More info:

Orphaned/invalid entries appear in the devices list when you access the support homepage after logging in.

These device entries do not appear in the accounts homepage on the Slingbox site. That is why it's not possible to delete the entries from here.

The entries appear in the support homepage and in the iPhone Slingplayer app.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not removed the orphaned entries.

I've paid $30 for this app. Can someone at Sling provide a workaround to remove these bad entries as a result of this buggy player? That is the least I expect from your company, if you expect people to post forum entries for resolution in lieu of paying a hefty fee for support of this buggy software!!!

matapan2012

I obtained a simple solution from someone at Slingbox to resolve this problem.

Simply create a new account and add your devices to that account.

Don't know why I didn't think of this. When it was suggested, it was the obvious solution. For others experiencing the same tunnel vision I experienced, I hope this helps.