8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 12:05 AM by thegoldone RSS

Audio disappeared

ilourod

I was able to connect to my sling box via my iPad for months with good audio and video after initial installation, suddenly after what I believe was an update the audio stopped working. 

• Re: Audio disappeared
          keogh03

Hello My audio has gone too. anyone help?

thegoldone

I have this same problem on an iPad2 that I updated to IOS6, ipod touch IOS5, and kindle fire (all connecting to a Pro-HD thats configured on a SD cable box) . I updated the Slingplayer app and now no sound. Nothing but a hissing noise.  Everything was fine until the Slingplayer update. Is there anyway to revert pack?  This is terrible!!!

Please help

ilourod

I exppected to have received an answer from sling box tech support with a solution to this problem by now but NOTHING! and I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of support.

alanrichey42 Master

I appreciate your frustration, but you have to remember this is NOT a support forum, it is designed to be a discussion forum in case other users have the same problem and have found a solution.  In this case I guess no-one can help.

However, you might be able to give some more information.  Have you lost the audio on the PC Player as well ?   Have you checked all the wiring ?

ilourod

To answer your question, yes I have checked all the wiring to be sure none of the connections had come lose. As I mentioned in my original post everything worked fine after my initial install. I believe it was after an update that I lost the audio. All I get now is a slight hiss when I log on to my sling box using my I-Pad, I-Mac and my Mac Book Pro. Is it possible to revert back to the previous system?

Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

What happens if you plug some audio leads from the output of the Slingbox into the TV ? 

What happens if you plug the audio leads straight into the TV, bypassing the Slingbox ?  You need to find out if the fault is with your device or the Slingbox.

What happens if you reset the Slingbox ?

ilourod

I'll try that when I return home from Europe but I seriously doubt that is the answer. The sound disappeaedr without my changing any of the wiring, why is the question. Setting up the slingbox was simple in comparison to setting up my home theater system which  consist of high end components such as a Samsung model 8000 TV,a Pioneer SC 37 elite receivers an additional power amps and zone selectors to distribute audio throughout my home. Being in the music business for many years and have set up much more complex devices than a slingbox. Some thing went wrong after what I believe was a software update.

thegoldone

I spoke with Sling Support and got mine resolved. The tech found that my box needed to be configured with the "antenna" selected rather then "cable".  Maybe you can try to re-configure your box over air and see if that resolved it.

Best of Luck.