This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
For some reason I cannot reply to the prior discussion I started. Here is what I have tried. After I installed the .bin file I followed these instructions:
1. What model Slingbox do you have?
2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped ‘Continue’ on the M1 & M2)?
3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)
5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?
6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster?
7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.
8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?
9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.
No option to enable/disable IR
11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help.