I have cleared the cache, deleted history and all other stored info, and have disabled all extensions. Still crashes my computer every time I try to load the page...
Combined with not being able to use AirPlay to get video from my iPad to the Apple Tv (since Sling has disabled the HQ option while they fix a bug), I'm not too pleased at the moment...
Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
I experience the same issue as user elieherman when I go to the new Watch page. The slingbox new watch introduction will appear and as soon as I hit "Okay" to begin using the new watch environment my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.6.8) crashes and displays a screen that says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button." I have slingplayer on my android device and that is working fine with the new update.
I have cleared my caches and it still crashes my entire computer without fail every time. Slingbox needs to release a patch to fix this behavior.
Hi, I have the same or similar dilemma: every since installing the required 188.8.131.523 plugin on 3 Macintosh, I get a Error connecting message, but when I go into the next room I connect perfectly to my SOLO using a slingcatcher. I tried to chat with support, but they wouldn't listen. This last plugin update is BROKEN.
For those of you that are experiencing crashes, please do the following:
1. Using the Users & Groups preference pane, add a new user account.
2. Login with that account.
3. Try connecting with the latest version of Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.
If the crashes persist, please note what is crashing: the web browser or the plugin?
If it is Chrome that is crashing, post the crashlog after:
- Open Terminal and enter “/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome“
- Somewhat “[0117/151033:INFO:breakpad_mac.mm(102)] Breakpad disabled” similar message appears.
- Then use “Control+C” in Terminal to end the command.
- Open Preferences in Chrome.
- Choose “Under the Hood” section.
- Check the “Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google“.
- Quit browser and Now ready to capture crash dump.
- Get crash in Google chrome browser.
- Crash reports will stored at “ ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Crash Reports”.
If it's Firefox, enable crash logs:
- Quit the browser ("cmd+q").
- Goto "/Applications/".
- Right click on the "Firefox" and click on "Show Package Contents".
- Navigate to "Contents/MacOS/".
- Open "application.ini" with "TextEdit".
- Search for "[Crash Reporter]" section.
- Set "Enabled" to 0. (Enabled=0)
- Save the file and quit "TextEdit".
Then post the Console logs generated by the browser.
- You can be find them via "/Applications/Utilities/Console.app " - filter for Safari or Firefox.
Then post the Crash Report from Safari or Firefox.
- You can find the Crash Reports for Safari and Firefox in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports
- They are named in the form "APPNAME_YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS_MACNAME.crash"
If it is the plugin that is crashing, post the crashlogs...
For out of process plugins, Process names are as follows
Firefox : plugin-container
Safari : WebKitPluginHost
For in process plugin process name
Firefox : Firefox
Safari : Safari
And then post the plugin debug logs from ~/Library/Application Support/SlingMedia/Logs/
Save the files "DebugLog_1.txt" and "DebugLog_2.txt" (if it exists) immediately the after reproduction of a bug or a crash. The logs can get over-written, so get the file immediately after the crash.
The new plugin is complete garabge! It won't stay connected for more than 2min on any browser/any machine. I get the "weak internet conneciton" error which is complete BS with 20mb download speed and streaming at 4000kbps when I'm connected.
Prior to this update, I had no problems watching from anywhere. Hoping for an update soon...
The solution is to upgrade your Mac OS to Mountain Lion 10.8 through the App Store. For $19.99 USD (and it can be downloaded and installed on all your Macs), you get the latest Mac OS, the slingbox plug-in doesn't crash, works flawless and why wouldn't someone at Slingmedia just say so! A simple and inexpensive solution. I figure, Slingmedia wrote the plug in to keep up with Mountain Lion, but no where is this communicated. So everyone who is on 10.7 or less is trying to figure it out. Good luck.
I am running the latest Mac OS and still having issues. It was installed the first day it was released. I've actually tried this on Lion and Mountain Lion and they are both having the same issue. There must be some other setting that is causing this but we can't get any clarification from Slingbox without paying $30 for a phone call.