8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 10:46 AM by neil154 RSS

Differences between different Models

neil154 Newbie

I understand the HD Pro (300) can handle multiple inputs and then there is also the Pro (200) and the Solo (260) models.  The HD Pro can stream HD quality video but according to Slingbox web site it is HD quality only on home network and not over the internet at a remote location.  Is this really the case (SlingBox support seems to tell me it is HD quality even at remote location).

I would also appreciate undertanding the other differences between the units.  I do ot own a SlingBox but expect to buy one soon.

• Re: Differences between different Models
          Apprentice

Hello neil154,

Thank you for contacting us on the Answers Forum! We're glad to hear you are interested in Slingbox! Below is an article that will help you with comparing the different models we currently offer:

Hope this Helps!

The Sling Moderation Team

alanrichey42 Master

I'm not sure why the Moderator pointed you towards a Software page when you were obviously asking about Hardware.   Check out this page:  http://uk.slingbox.com/go/slingbox  and come back if you have any specific questions it doesn't answer.

neil154 Newbie

Thanks for responding to the hardware question which you correctly assume I was asking about.  Since it took so long for the moderator to answer I really had given up on a Slingbox.  Now I see as of Sunday new models will be available so I will think about it again if they have some sort of special pricing for the new models.

Apprentice

Hello neil154,

We do apologize about the late response. Below is a better link that will compare the 2 new models we have coming out, this includes not only the technical specs but the features as well:

Hope this Helps!

neil154 Newbie

Yes, thank you for the more detailed information.  I have a couple of questions which I would appreciate answers to:

1) If I am watching remotely through internet (not on my local network) will the picture still allow viewing at 1080P?

2) Again on the remote viewing how many different connects can be used at the same time?

3) I see that you have the Android app on sale for 1/2 price, when will this sale expire?

4) You had an upgrade program, have you discontinued it?
                          5) will there be any special promotional type sales on the new units (probably interested in the 500)?

Apprentice

Hello neil154,

Those are great questions!  Let me get started on answering those for you:

1. In regards to viewing in 1080P, this is correct but it also depends on proper bandwidth for it to be fully correct. If you have a great bandwidth connection then yes, you will be able to view in 1080P from both locations.
                              2. You can only connect via one component when remotely viewing the Slingbox
                              3. The Slingplayer applications will now be only $14.99, this is not a sale this will be the true price of the application
                              4. The upgrade program currently is not available but it will be back within the next few weeks.
                              5. In regards to any special promotions, this would be based on the retailer.

Hope I was able to answer everything you were looking for! Have a great day!

neil154 Newbie

Once again I appreciate your answers.

You brought a good point about the bandwith which bring another question to mind which I had forgotten about.

With the previous models tech support advised that they recommend a 30 foot ethernet cable with a maximum of 60 feet.  I do not know what the new recommendations are for the same.  I would have to believe that a 100 foot ethernet cable connection would probably be better signal than a wifi connection (using the 500).

I would appreciate your comments about the wifi connection and cable lengths.

Also, from your response is it correct to assume the Slingbox will not have any special introductory deals?