5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 2:36 AM by patrickjen RSS

New Sling plugin killed my speed. Please help!

patrickjen

I just updated to the new plugin for watch.slingbox.com, and I can no longer watch at a reasonable bitrate. I'm located in China, and my slingbox is in the US.  Prior to this update I was getting an average of 1000-1200 kbps, and now I'm topping out at around 200 kbps.  I can get a constant stream on the minimum and good settings, but the picture is much too grainy to watch.  I was getting a great stream before this update, please advise!

Patrick

• Re: New Sling plugin killed my speed. Please help!
          jcrbam802

We have the same problem. After updating the plugin on our Macintoshes at home, we no longer get reilable video.  It works fine from our iPad or even using the old Slingbox program that is no longer supported. However, both Safari and Firefox will not work after upgrading the plugin.

Singmedia: please help!!!!!!

sugiuchi

I have the same problem, but noticed that my Windows based PC has no effect after the new update was installed.

My Mac streams significantly slower like yours, and my Windows PC runs very smooth at higher than 2000k.  Both machines are in the same network... I can't figure out how to correct the problem...  Please help!

corringham

We too have identical problem. Before moon festival holiday was working well. When we returned we loaded latest plug in and from that moment bitrate less than 100. Any ideas yet on a fix? have same problem on windows and Mac (with and without vpn)

keitasakon

Exact same problem, but I noticed this:

When my PC based slingbox viewer starts, it's ok for a few minutes then the scrren goes blank. 

Restarting the viewer (tried both google chrome and IE), does not help.  The only thing that helps is to watch it on my Iphone (it works fine), then switch back to PC and it works ok...for a few minutes then goes black again. 

This is bullshit.  This just started after the latest update and I'm very unhappy. 

patrickjen

I've tried streaming with a VPN and while using the basic SSL connection or L2TP this problems remains, however when using an IPSEC connection I can sling at about an average of 4-500 kbps, and max out around 800.  This makes the stream watchable on the Best setting but it does get choppy, and on the Better setting it remains stable.  When i switch over to the sling desktop app, (which doesnt have quality settings from what i can see) i can get around 500kbps and the quality will stay around what is comparable to the Good or Better settings.  Not quite a fix but it seems to be usable at times for what its worth.  Slingmedia help us out!