5 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2010 1:35 AM by ArizonaSackbut RSS

Cannot get audio on Pro-HD.

jh0715

Hi all. I recently setup my slingbox and everything works great except for the huge problem of not getting any audio. Of course I've checked and rechecked the connections multiple times. No problem there. I've yet to reset the slingbox because I've read of people with the same problem having no luck with it. I'm still going to try it if I can't get any other suggestions. So any ideas?

Thanks for any help..

• Re: Cannot get audio on Pro-HD.
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi jh0715,

There was a thread on here a while back similar to yours.  The problem came down to the volume/mute on the cable box.  Because of the way things were hooked up and the connections used out of the cable box, the TV was receiving audio but the Slingbox wasn't.  Of course, the cable box gave no indication of it's mute status on the screen so it didn't occur to anyone to check for that.

It turned out that the vol/mute behavior on the cable box was different for the digital and analog audio outputs.

Hope this helps,

- Az

jwilson03 Newbie

Yesterday I tried Slingbox from a remote location and got both the audio and video feeds. Today I turned it on and got a picture, but no sound, no matter which channel I chose. I accessed all sound controls - on my PC and on  the Slingbox remote and general screen. How can I get my sound back?

ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi jwilson03,

If both worked recently, no changes have been made and you are not using HDMI for the TV, picture but no sound almost always comes down to a wiring issue at the Slingbox.  Bad wire or poor connection.

A second, less common issue is when you're slinging to a cable box and someone mutes it.  Muting a cable box doesn't always shut down sound to all outputs, so they might still hear sound on the TV but you can't over Slingbox.  Further, many cable boxes do not give an on-screen indicator that they are muted.

Check those things and see how it goes.

Hope this helps,

- Az