3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2012 12:41 PM by hightower RSS

Cannot install latest update from Slingbox

BrownCGG123

I live in Brazil, and watch my Slingbox on two different computers (both Dells). One left at home for the family and one work (travel) computer.

I turn on the work computer the other day, and received a message saying that I needed to download an update. I tried with no luck, and I keep getting an error that I don´t have the WBSP ActiveXInstaller.msi in the file location it is looking. I´ve done a computer and network search to try and find the file with no luck. I even tried to uninstall Slingbox from this computer (so I could re-install from the beginning) but get the same error message. I have watched Slingbox on this computer for almost a year without any issue until now. The update is telling me that I don´t have slingbox on this computer nor will it let me uninstall or re-install it.

I got the same request for the update on my other computer at home, no problem at all.

Can I take the file WBSP ActiveXInstaller.msi from my home computer using a flah drive and move it to my work computer? Or does anyone have a solution for this?

• Re: Cannot install latest update from Slingbox
          hightower Newbie

Many people are having problems with the new update.  Video and audio is now out of sync, remote doesn't work, etc.  Even if you could update, you TV streaming will be horrible and for the most part unusable.  I would not spend anymore time trying to fix YOUR computer, because it's not YOUR computer, but SlingBox software.

Your darned if you update, your darned if you don't.  For most users, their SlingBox is unusable.

Anyone want to buy a used Slingbox? LOL.  I give them 1 more week to fix ALL problems or I will sell my SlingBox and look for an alternative.

BrownCGG123

That is the weird part, one of my computers works great, the other not at all.

hightower Newbie

Your one of the lucky few that it's still working properly.  Go out and buy a lottery ticket today, it's your day today!!

Looking at other A/V forums, you and one other guy are the only ones that their SlingBox works properly.  1000's of others are having the same problems that Sling created.  The streaming community is very angry with Sling at this time.  This is turning into a PR nightmare what Sling created 100% themselves for not being upfront and honest with their customers.  People in other forums are talking about a class action lawsuit if SlingBox doesn't get their product fixed.