0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2017 4:45 AM by ulirakasan RSS

Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working C@ll I8OO252OO44

ulirakasan

Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working. Message keeps popping up. I can cancel it and keep on working, so it appears that Internet Explorer is not actually stopped working. Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working C@ll I8OO252OO44

How do I fix the Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working error?

I generally feel nothing but antipathy toward Internet Explorer so when it freezes and displays that stupid little “Internet Explorer has stopped working” error it vexes me like nothing else.  I find the “Windows is checking for a solution to the problem…” sub-message obnoxious and sardonic.Why?Because we all know Windows isn’t checking for anything; that’s just a message Microsoft’s coders threw in to make you think Windows is actually doing something for you.  In most cases, it’s just a waste of time.  I usually impetuously click Cancel before Microsoft devises it’s false plan of redemption. If your browser is feeling indolent but doesn’t completely freeze up, you might want to see the article I wrote about speeding up Internet Explorer; however, if IE keeps crashing on you with these silly stopped workingmessages then read on for the fix.

Breathe

The number one thing to do is stay cool, stay composed, maintain equanimity.  Don’t throw a temper tantrum or brandish your laptop like a weapon or threaten to chuck it out the window instead… relax, take a breath and tell yourself: I can fix this, I’ve got this.  Let’s go. After you’ve done that, you’re heart rate should return to it’s resting state.  Now you’re ready to tackle this problem.

Help! I broke Internet Explorer!

1. If Internet Explorer is still holding on for dear life, completely kill the process so you can ensure it’s totally closed.  You can press Shift + Control + Esc to launch the task manager then find, iexplore.exe and click the End Task button.2. Now that you’ve kicked the Internet Explorer process into oblivion, click Start and type:internet optionsDepending on your geek factor the Internet Properties window is somewhere between obscure and familiar. 3. Click the last tab along the top row called Advanced and click the Reset… button near the bottom of the window. A dialog box zips on the screen with a bold font warning that’s scary enough to send most computer neophytes running for the nearest Geek SquadBut let’s think about this: what are we really about to do? Yes, resetting Internet Explorer will revert IE to its embryonic state.  IE will become an amnesiac and will basically function the way it did the first time you used it.But this is good because the reset will expunge all your privacy and browser settings. Your browser will feel lighter, happier and won’t moan about shutting down anymore.4. Trust, me you want to click Reset.  If it blows up your computer, leave me a note in the comments and I might buy you a new one (using your money of-course).But alas, I digress.That’s all there is to it.  This should obviate those inane stopped working messages.  The above solution will fix 99.99% of the problems; however, if your computer is royally flubbed (that’s my technical term for goobered) then you’ll have to bring out the big guns: msconfig

MSCONFIG to the rescue

Click Start and enter this:msconfig

Under Selective Startup Uncheck Load Startup Items Next, click the Services tab and put a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft Services box. Finally, choose Disable all, click OK and restart the computer. We just turned off all non-essential services; only the core Microsoft services will remain after we restart the computer.  Our goal is to give Internet Explorer a trial run without any superfluous programs so we can zero in on the service that’s debilitating your browser.If you don’t get the error after rebooting and opening IE then we know the culprit is hiding in that list of msconfig services we just disabled.

Divide and Conquer

Now it’s just a game of divide and conquer.Go back to the msconfig Services tab, make sure Hide all Microsoft services is still checked and then check only the top half of the services boxes.  Click OK, reboot and launch Internet Explorer again.Is it still working normally? No crashes?  Then we know our sinister service is furtively staying out of the spotlight somewhere in that list of unchecked (disabled) Services.Leave the top half of the service boxes enabled but this time enable the bottom half too. Click OK and reboot.Keep playing this enable-half-click-OK-reboot-dance until you can hone in on the faulty service.  Once you find it you can leave it unchecked or uninstall it by noting the Manufacturer column in the Services tab and removing it by clicking Start and typing:programs and features

The Bottom Line

Internet Explorer isn’t the best browser in the world; okay fine I’m being too sanguine.  Let me rephrase: Internet Explorer isn’t the worst browser in the world but when it crashes you can sometimes feel like your world came crashing down too.Let’s face it: no one wants to stare at an annoying error box.  It sucks.  But by resetting your browser or fiddling with msconfig you can win the day.The next time your friend, co-worker or creepy uncle’s Internet Explorer dies you can triumphantly stand over his computer with his laptop over your head and shout!  I can fix this, I’ve got this.  Let’s go

huxley luvan

huxley luvan

8 Replies

• Work Seo

Work Seo

Restart the internet explorer. This should fix internet explorer crashing and Internet Explorer has stopped working’ error in Windows 8 or 7. If not, proceed.

• Work Seo

Work Seo

HomeTech

Fix ‘Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working’ and Crashing in Windows 8, Windows 7
        Fahad Saleem March 26, 2015 Tech 0 Comments
        No one loves Internet Explorer, right? But, still, there are times when we all have to use Internet Explorer (apart from using it to download Chrome or FireFox). A number of Internet Explorer users have reported sudden crashes and ‘Internet Explorer has stopped working’ error. This problem and crashes mainly come from faulty .dll files intruding the iexplore.exe file. The dilemma of Internet Explorer has always been its dependency on .dll files.
        Note: If you have Norton Antivirus Installed in your computer, directly head over to the solution # 2 and it would fix everything for you.
        You can fix Internet Explorer crashing and stopped working problems by using the methods given below.

Fix Internet Explorer has stopped working Windows8, Windows 7

Reset IE

Launch Internet Explorer in your PC

Go to Tools Menu.

Now Click Internet Options and Click ‘Advanced’ Tab.

Click “Reset” Button and check “Delete Personal Settings“. Again Click the Reset button.

ie stopped working fix 1

Restart the internet explorer. This should fix internet explorer crashing and Internet Explorer has stopped working’ error in Windows 8 or 7. If not, proceed.

Finding and Deleting the faulty .dll file

Now, we have to manually find and wipe off that faulty .dll which is doing all the damage and causing Internet Explorer to stop working. For that, follow these steps.

Right Click on My Computer (This PC) and click ‘Manage’. Now Select and expand “Event Viewer”

Click and Expand ‘Windows Logs’

Under Windows Logs, Click on ‘Application’.

ie stopped working fix 3
        You will see a long list of logs on the right side of the screen.

Now try to locate an error with Red Cross over it which is caused by .dll and iexplorer.exe. This error is the one which was generated and logged when Internet Explorer stopped working. There must be timestamps around, locate and search to find the exact related error based on time.
        If you find the error, the name of the .dll will also be mentioned in the logs. Note and remember the name of the file.
        You can either repair or delete this file. ( Boot your computer in the safe mode to delete the .dll file).

Resetting Security Zone

Security zones and time mismatch error also cause Internet Explorer stopped working error. You can edit the Internet Explorer Security zone by heading over to Settings in the Internet options.

Click ‘Security’ Tab and Click ‘Reset all zones to default level’.

• huxley luvan

huxley luvan

In reply to Work Seo:You need to Clear the cache and reload your browser so that it will work like charm.

• padddu dolia

padddu dolia

Internet Explorer has stopped working. Error keeps popping up.

On one of our PC's (Windows 10) we are getting the error message "Internet Explorer has stopped working." immediately after opening Internet Explorer.

Whats odd is I can run CCleaner to clear temporary files etc. and it will work again for a day or two before the problem starts happening again.

In the event viewer I am getting this error: Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Trying to avoid just wiping the machine and starting fresh.

• padddu dolia

padddu dolia

Try this:

Reboot PC
        Rename users profile located in C:\users\ to <username.old>
        Open Registry
        Go to \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
        Click on each of the S-1* till you find the username of the user you are trying to fix in the Central Profile key
        Right click on the left 'folder' and choose export
        Reboot
        Have the user log back in, and copy necessary files from the folder you renamed in step 3 to the newly created folder.

• huxley luvan

huxley luvan

In reply to padddu dolia:i like this idea Mr.paddu dolia. Good keep up

• Work Seo

Work Seo

Making HTML5 as Default Player

Internet Explorer has stopped working error and Internet Explorer crashing problem is also caused during video playing from YouTube. IE sucks with Flash and Adobe, so the best solution is the update to HTML5 player for default. Here’s how to do it.

Go to the

At the bottom of this page, you will see ‘Request the HTML5’ player. Click this button and you will make this player as the default player in IE. Make sure you have IE 11 and above for a smooth experience.

These are some ways you can fix Internet Explorer has stopped working Windows 8, Windows 7 problem. This would also solve Internet Explorer crashing. Let us know in the comments in case of any problem.

• huxley luvan

huxley luvan

In reply to Work Seo:prisma.jpgAdobe Photoshop Express
        Adobe Photoshop is the most popular photo editing app for Mac and PC, and now it has its own Android version. Photoshop Express offers you the most famous Adobe’s photo editing tools in a touchscreen-optimized app version. Before you start using the app, you need to sign up for a free Adobe ID. After you finish, you can use that ID to access all the Adobe services and products.
        The app allows you to select any photo from your device memory, snap a new one using the camera, or even pick one from your Adobe Creative Cloud. The last option is especially handy when you want to make your pictures available on all of your devices.