2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2013 3:26 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

andorid phones can't connect by 3G

liang6453

Hello,I am the user in "Taiwan". I have a problem to ask you.
      I can use android phone connect to slingbox and watch TV by wifi,however it can't connect by 3G.
      When I login in my information on your webside,my slingbox directory country show "USA"
      I am not sure the reason that it can't connect by 3G. I hope you could help me to solve it.
      Thank you very much.

• Re: andorid phones can't connect by 3G
          cwalton3

same thing here i can connect over wi-fi but not over 3g or 4g.

• Re: andorid phones can't connect by 3G
            Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello liang6453,

Thanks for posting in the Slingbox Answers Forum! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting to your Slingbox when your android phone is using a 3G network connection.

This is because the Slingbox does require a bit of bandwidth to be able to connect to it. 3G/4G connections often drop. However, you can install a speedtest application to your phone, and test the speed you are getting from the 3G/4G network.

The requirements for SlingPlayer for android phones are 250kbps on the phone and also on the network at the location of the Slingbox. I have provided an article below for SlingPlayer for Mobile Devices. If you go to SlingPlayer for Android Phones and click on Requirements for SlingPlayer for Android Phones, it will also show you this information.

Here is the link:

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team