5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 3:27 PM by jcantanixon RSS

New browser plugins unable to connect to Slingbox classic

jcantanixon

I was able to watch my Slingbox classic just fine previously, but when I tried to connect over the web today, I was prompted to install a new plugin and now it says it can't connect to my Slingbox.  This happened on two different PCs with both Internet Explorer and Firefox.  It's not a network issue because I've tried it from different networks, and I know my Slingbox is still online and working because I can connect to it with my phone.  Anyone else with a Classic having this issue?

Why would Slingbox force an update to the browser plugins that doesn't support the Slingbox classic??  They need to fix this asap.

• Re: New browser plugins unable to connect to Slingbox classic
          gmoney Newbie

So, we don't have any problems connecting to CLASSICS with the New Watch.

Are you setting up this Slingbox with the same computer and that succeeds, and then watching fails?

All the same web browsser?  And it appears in the DIrectory as LAN = Yes?

Everything connected to the same router?

If yes to all of this, reproduce the issue and post your WebSlingPlayer.txt file.

Vista/WIN7 - C:\Users\..<User>..\AppData\Roaming\Sling Media\WebSlingPlayer\WebSlingPlayer.txt

WINXP - C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Sling Media\WebSlingPlayer\WebSlingPlayer.txt

jcantanixon

gmoney wrote:

So, we don't have any problems connecting to CLASSICS with the New Watch.

Are you setting up this Slingbox with the same computer and that succeeds, and then watching fails?

All the same web browsser?  And it appears in the DIrectory as LAN = Yes?

Everything connected to the same router?

If yes to all of this, reproduce the issue and post your WebSlingPlayer.txt file.

Vista/WIN7 - C:\Users\..<User>..\AppData\Roaming\Sling Media\WebSlingPlayer\WebSlingPlayer.txt

WINXP - C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Sling Media\WebSlingPlayer\WebSlingPlayer.txt

I haven't tried the setup with the New Watch.  Three versions ago, I had problems connecting to my Slingbox with the IE plugin.  I tried going through setup again, but it kept erroring out early on saying it wasn't able to connect.  I did the factory reset and had the same results.  After the factory reset, I was no longer able to watch from my Android device.  After trying with several different PCs, I was finally able to connect using Firefox.  So I went through the setup again, and gave up trying to get IE to work.  After that I was able to watch from home or the Internet from any Firefox browser and also my Android phone.

Then a plugin update was pushed out and I lost the ability to connect with both IE and Firefox.  I have not tried to run the setup again because I don't want to lose the ability to watch with my Android device.  Since the New Watch was rolled out, I have still not been able to connect..but my Slingbox appears in the directory with a green dot.  When I just tried it from work right now, the dot was white.

Attached is the log file from my laptop.  It should have data from when I tried it at home yesterday and again today from work.  I can try again from home (yes, same network, same router that all worked previously).

jcantanixon

Update - I was just able to connect from my office workstation using IE!!

So apparently the "New Watch" has indeed solved my overall issue and now I have a device specific issue with my Thinkpad laptop.  Any hints for tracking that down would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is my log from my working PC using Win7 and IE.