15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 7:51 AM by AcaCandy RSS

Connection problems

theboot1

I'm trying to connect to my slingbox from work and am getting following message. We detected very poor Internet connectivity or a loss of Internet connection. Please verify that your Internet connectivity is working fine before retrying. We have good internet access and my friend can connect to his slingbox from the same computer.  I know that I can connect away from home because my son can from college.  Does anyone have an idea what may be wrong and what I can do to correct issue.

• Re: Connection problems
          shaysfn Novice

Hey theboot1,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that you are having trouble connecting to your Slingbox from work.

I do have a question for you,  what are you trying to connect with, your phone, a tablet or your computer?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team

theboot1

I am trying to connect with a desktop computer.  My friend can connect to his slingbox from the same computer.  We both have the sligbox pro.  My son can connect with his desktop computer running windows and his Mac laptop.   I also can connect using a laptop from home running windows.

stefanlilius

I am having the exact same problem.

theboot1

I still haven't figured it out.  I've tried resetting my slingbox a couple of times and still get the same error message.  It's funny that my friend can use the same computer and log into his slingbox and get it to work.  I know mine works away from home because my son can log into it from school and watch tv.  Still waiting on some type of solution.

adi2404

i have the same problem too, i think there is a bug in the pro and i can not find any support to be help.. pity :-(

i can see for few min the TV and then i have the following...

i have from friend other sling Box (not pro) and i can see perfect from same computer ... h-e-l-p :-)))

akubicki

I unfortunetly facing also connection problems. I had no issues in the last 12 months. It started yesterday, in parallel when I was forced to update my Browser Plugin (I am on a Mac with Safari). I am not sure if this has something to do with the connectivity problems. The Box was unplugged a couple of times. Also the router was newly started at least 5 times.

gmoney Newbie

What troubleshooting have you tried?

What are your firewall settings?

Is another computer on the same LAN able to connnect to this Slingbox?

Which browser are you using?  Is the behavior the same in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox?

theboot1

I've tried resetting the slingbox a couple of times.  I've unistalled and reinstalled the programs.  I can connect to the sling box at home but not at work.  My friend has the same slingbox and connect from the computer at work.  I tried after he logged off and cannot connect.  I've tried internet exploxer and chrome with the same results.  My son can connect from school using internet exploxer and from his Mac laptop.  I have no ideas what to do.  About ready to take the slingbox back.  Doesn't do my any good if I can only use it from my house.  Hopefully someone has an idea what to do.

AcaCandy Newbie

The issue is OBVIOUSLY with your computer setup. It's not the problem with the Slingbox since others can connect to it externally. Do you get error messages? Do you have any type of firewall or antivirus program running that could be blocking it?

theboot1

I don't believe it's the computer.  My friend logged in on the computer to his slingbox and it worked.  He then went back to the slingbox login screen and I attempted to log onto my slingbox an got the message.  If there was a firewall or setting issue it would have happened to both of us not just when I tried to log into my slingbox.  I'm going to try to work with technical support to check my box to see if there's a problem with it.

AcaCandy Newbie

Didn't you say that your son could connect from school?

theboot1

Yes my son can connect to the slingbox using either a mac or a windows computer.  I still cannot connect from work using windows.  My friend can connect to his slingbox pro from the same computer at work which makes me believe it's a problem with my slingbox.  I contacted tech support and they couldn't tell me anything to do that I haven't tried.  I'm pretty much fed up with their product.  The only reason I haven't returned it is because my son can use it from school.  I wouldn't recommend their product to anyone since they can't help you when there's a problem.  I just wish I looked at the forum boards prior to buying this product.  If I had, I wouldn't have purchased one.

AcaCandy Newbie

I think your problem is some setting you are using on the slingplayer itself to talk to your slingbox. If your friend can use your same computer to connect to his, and your son can use any of his computers to connect to the slingbox, theh problem is NOT the slingbox. Although I do have my complaints here and there about the company, the device is a good and useful one. I can feel your frustration. I think if I were you, I would walk thru the slingplayer set up once again, and check and double check what choices you are making as you go along.

myslingmedia

hi, i'm a new slingbox pro hd user... i'm trying to figure out how can i connect my slingbox hd pro with a skybox f3 satellite decoder.