1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 26, 2012 6:14 AM by Lanza RSS

SlingCatcher's remote is incorrect on Android Tablet SlingPlayer

Lanza Newbie

The title of this post is very similar to one of the FAQs in Support but the key difference is "Android Tablet".

I'm watching a Slingbox Solo connected to an SlingCatcher on SlingPlayer on an Android tablet. i.e Android SlingPlayer>>Slingbox>>SlingCatcher>>AV device.  The remote shown on the tablet is the generic, not the SlingCatcher remote which it should be.

The FAQ, which has the same scenario but SlingPlayer is on a PC or MAC, not a tablet, says reinstall SlingPlayer.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the SlingPlayer app on the Android but the remote is still wrong.

A solution would be appreciated.

Edit:  Sorry, I should have said that the correct remote is is diplayed when using slingbox.com on PC and the SlingPlayer standalone apps for PC.

• Re: SlingCatcher's remote is incorrect on Android Tablet SlingPlayer
          Lanza Newbie

If anyone is interested, after 4 days of unsuccessfuly trying to find the answer I wondered if the image and details of the virtual remote would be stored in the Slingbox and if the image and details used on the Android tablet were not the same as those used on a PC.

I therefore repeated the Slingbox setup for the SlingCatcher, using slingbox.com on a PC, and afterwards the correct remote was displayed on the tablet.  I don't know if that's the reason but that was the solution for me.