14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2012 6:26 PM by toso RSS

Remote Help

stevehindes

I have a Slingbox Pro HD in India My cable is 7Star in Mumbai and the box is DVB-C 71R-A-HD I cant find a makers name on the box or a compatible on screen remote in Slingbox

Anyone had this problem and found the remote

• Re: Remote Help
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

toso

I have tried and seen all the alternatives but I have not found the solution for my problem.  My issue is, I think, I need a screen Custom Control for the following converters:  1.)    RCA model STB7766C  this is a  digital TV converter box that goes  in from the antena signal(coaxial cable),  out to the sling SoloIand in  with a component cable.  When I set up the Sling Solo I get good video and audio signal.  I cannot find the appropiate remote control to respond to that video and audio.  I think my solution would be a Custom  made Control.

2.)   I have the same problem as above with this converter box: Manufacturer KCPI, model DT504, to be connected to Sling Solo.

Both converter boxes  were bought at Best Buys

Thank you for your help!

alanrichey42 Master

How about these ?   (I had trouble decoding the left/right arrows of the KCPI box so they may not work)

toso

I am not able to open your attachmentes,  Do you have a different way to give me your information.please?

alanrichey42 Master

Not really, any attachment on this thread is done in the ZIP format, I have no control over that.  Why can you not open them ?  I thought both Windows and the Mac had built-in ZIP support these days ?   Otherwise WINZIP will open them.

toso

Alan,

I was able to unzip the files and get the .bin files but there is no way to find on my Mac the path you are mentioning on the instructions (see below).

/Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV/

Attached the file with instructions for RCA STB7766C where you can find the instructions.

I also found that the slingplayer vesion for download on the slingplayer is1.0.10,  but researching i found that there is another version 1.0.10.272 that I couldnt find.

Could you help me see if I can make it work this time? I am not sure if I am following the instructions correctly or looking in the right place.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS.

alanrichey42 Master
                                  I was able to unzip the files and get the .bin files but there is no way to find on my Mac the path you are mentioning on the instructions (see below).

/Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV/

The reason you can't find the path is simply because you haven't followed the instructions and installed the standalone Slingplayer.  The path is created when you install it.

Attached the file with instructions for RCA STB7766C where you can find the instructions.

I know the instructions, I wrote them !! 

I also found that the slingplayer vesion for download on the slingplayer is1.0.10,  but researching i found that there is another version 1.0.10.272 that I couldnt find.

So install 1.0.10, you don't need the latest version.

toso

Alan,

Could you help me see if I can make it work this time? I am not sure if I am following the instructions correctly or looking in the right place.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS.