2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2012 10:41 PM by electronicguru RSS

Slingbox Pro HD resets with power loss

ChesterCpt

I have having an issue when my slingbox loses power. As soon as power is restored, I have to go back through the setup inorder to view the slingbox in my account. Is there an internal battery that I need to replace? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD resets with power loss
          shaysfn Novice

Hey ChesterCpt;

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that when you lose power and it comes back, you then have to go back and reconfigure your Slingbox again.

I understand that it is inconvenient that you have to reconfigure your Slingbox when the power goes out, when this happens, it is apparently setting your Slingbox back to factory settings.  I can tell you that there is no internal battery on the Slingbox that will ever need to be replaced.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team 

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD resets with power loss
              electronicguru

Thanks for this reply.I have been having the same problem with my slingbox but now I know why.However I also noted that if I stopped watching on my PC or mobile device for some hours and then wanted to connect back again I experience the same problem even if the power was never out  from the machine and internet was never interrupted,why is this so?