4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2010 7:04 AM by gfowler RSS

Slingbox on Ubuntu?

Hoeba

Hello,

I installed the slingbox soft for windows, and it works well.

Now i want to install slingplayer on my emulated linux-ubuntu as well, is that possible?

• Re: Slingbox on Ubuntu?
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Hoeba,

SlingPlayer on Ubuntu... not likely.  I won't say impossible though.  Have you visited Wine HQ ?  The AppDB may be of particular interest to you.

Happy trails,

- Az

Hoeba

Hello,

Wine works well, on Ubuntu but Slingplayer won't install fully under Wine. It hangs on a missing, .net 2.0 or greater, message.

.net framework is a windows soft and can only be installed on a windows machine!?

Thanks for your help.

Hoeba

Hello,

As an update the webif, as an Firefox plugin, is not working with the message that the Firefox build type is not compatible with my firefox build type Linux_x86-gcc3 in Ubuntu.

In itself the plugin does wonders in Firefox (the only one tested so far) under Win7 with viewing and remote setup all in one. Good Show!

Greetings,

gfowler

I too would love to have slingbox work on Ubuntu.  I would love to be able to watch my slingbox on my mythTV computer without having to reboot into windows.