3 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2010 11:43 PM by Bryanod RSS

Slingbox stops connecting

thomasdevlin3

For some reason, my pro-hd randomly stops connecting. I'm able to log into my account, however after I do so I get this message "The connection attempt failed. Make sure the Slingbox you are trying to  watch is on, set up for remote viewing, and not blocked by firewall/NAT  settings." The funny thing is, it always seems to happen on the weekends. It makes no sense to me because it works 90% of the time. The 10% of the time that it doesn't work, nothing has changed regarding my network or Internet settings.

• Re: Slingbox stops connecting
          Bryanod Novice

on the slings router enable icmp echo requests.  When it happens again log in to slingbox.com click the support tab.  Ping the public ip.  If your connection is pppoe that ip is tied to your dsl username.  On the weekend there may be more users than the week so your ip lease is dropped until your username authenticates and is assigned a new ip.  So the slingfinder has your last ip but has given it to someone else.  once the sling updates the slingfinder of your new ip you can connect again. purchase a static ip and that will stop