3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2012 6:16 PM by mp51998 RSS

Connection Issues

mp51998

Hi all new to Slingbox. I have had my SB Pro HD about two months. It is now connected to a DirecTV HR24. The set up does not list the HR24 only a HR22 so that is what I selected. SB is connect to home network via Airport Express to Apple TimeMachine. Fiber Internet with 4 meg upload speed. Tested and confirmed.I am currently in Argentina and trying to view thru hotel WiFi. The hotel I was in prior to this had poor WiFi signal so I was getting constant W202 errors. While over there I had wife verify connections and unplug/plug in SB several times. Also check that Express was not losing connectivity and signal was good. It is in the room next to TM. It seemed to get better as I got longer viewing between errors. Had her log on at the house and she was abe to view with no lag or errors. I expected this. I am now at new hotel with much better WiFi but now I am getting W211 error anywhere from 30 seconds to fiveminutes into viewing. I have read the description of the error code and am wondering if just resetting using reset botton will fix issue or are there other troubleshooting steps to follow. Thank you for viewing and responses. I hopeI have provided enough info to help. I will have to wait till this evenng when she gets home to do more troubleshooting so I will muddle thru till then.

• Re: Connection Issues
          mp51998

Bump. No help?

chakkarinen Apprentice

Watching the SB from within its home LAN will usually work very well.   You might want to check if your wife can view it OK with a laptop or other computer outside the LAN -- like at a nearby McDonalds or local library.   If it works well for her from those locations, then I would suspect the problem is with the ISP in Argentina or routing of the streaming signal from your SB to your location.   In other words, it might not be a weak signal, but rather a block on streaming imposed by the Argentine ISP.

mp51998

Have not been able to have wife trouble shoot at remote location yet. Don't know how to determine if ISP is blocking signal. Sometimes I can view for thrity minutes or longer. I am now in Buenos Aires in a nicer hotel with much much better internet. I have gotten the w211 a couple of times so far but at longer intervals. I would thing that they have a differant ISP than where I was staying the small town of Neuquen. I don't know much about the ISP's down here of if they are govenment controlled. I do know that when watching Netflix I have different content available than when at home so there is some sort of blocking going on there.

Has anybody used theri SB Pro in Poland? I will probably be headed there by the end of the yea and it would be great to watch NFL while away.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my OP. I will update if I find anything out for certain on ISP blocking.

Thx