1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 5, 2012 9:18 AM by shaysfn RSS

Unable to connect to my Slingbox PRO

ACC235032

Hi,

I haven't used my Slingbox PRO for the past couple of years because I moved to a new house.

Since I am going on a trip I have decided to connect my Slingbox PRO.  My house is fully wired for internet.  I placed the unit in a room where there is an internet HUB, after connecting the unit I got two steady lights (network and power).

From my PC I installed the Singbox software (1.5.0.325) .and I tried to connect to the unit. PC and Slingbox are in the same home network (hardwire).

I am not able to connect and I keet getting the following error:

The connection attempt failed. Make sure the Slingbox you are trying to

watch is on, set up for remote viewing and not blocked by firewall/NAT

settings.

Error: 0x8007274C

After the first error message I opened my router (Linksys E4200) and turned off the firewall. I did the same for my PC.... still same error.

Please help!!

Regards,

Christian

P.S. maybe I am missing a step because I do not really understand when it reads in the error message "set up for remote viewing"... The only reference I found to that is in the MY SLINGBOX PROPERTY in the Connection Tab under Direct Connection... I do not think this is what the message is referring to.

• Re: Unable to connect to my Slingbox PRO
          shaysfn Novice

Hey ACC235032,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that you recently got your Slingbox PRO back out and are trying to set it up, and not getting a connection.

The first thing is, I would recommend that you go to Slingbox.com and click on Watch, this is the most up to date way to watch your Slingbox.

The second is you would need to go to setup.slingbox.com, log into your account, and follow the easy step by step instructions. This is where you go to configure your Slingbox to work with the new router and set top box that you have.

This link, Which Slingplayer software works with my Slingbox? provides information on exactly that, which mode of watching your Slingbox will work with your model of Slingbox.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team