1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 4:56 PM by keith.sling RSS

Remote Control Error

devest

I have recently encountered trouble with sling player (webviewer) not sending all channel numbers. I watch the slingbox with no trouble on my , iphone, ipad, iMac, Windows 7 32bit Laptop....but my windows 7 64bit is the only one with a problem. I noticed the problem first when I tried to use the guide to turn to a channel. It would enter the first number for the channel and then stop. I do not have this problem with any of my other devices. I thought it might be a setup issue, but I get the same problem in the setup no matter what options i choose (number of digits, usage of enter key, or speed). I can get the channels by using the remote and hitting the buttons that way, but I would prefer to have the guide work.

Any ideas?

• Re: Remote Control Error
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hello devest,

Thanks for using the answers forum! I'm sorry that you're experiencing this issue with your guide on your Windows 7 64 bit machine. I would need to know which browser you are using to narrow down the possible causes here. However, one thing I would suggest is to make sure that you are using a 32 bit browser, as there definitely could be a compatibility issue with a 64 bit browser. If it's IE, you'll want to go into your start menu>all programs and open the 32 bit version of IE and not the 64 bit one.

Here is a link from our support site which lists all compatible systems and browsers:

Hope this helps!

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team