1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 1, 2012 12:58 PM by shaysfn RSS

ipad/Directv issue

FearlesRay

We have set up my elderly dad with a Slingbox and an ipad so he can watch his TV. The TV is located in a loft now that he is confined to a wheelchair he can't get up there. We have it working with the ipad but periodically when he turns it on the directv guide is showing up and he can't get it off. The only way seems to be have his caregivers to go the TV and change it to the channel. At times they have to turn off the receiver or the Slingbox so he can watch it. Is this a Slingbox or a Directv issue? Any suggestions what might be going on. He is 80 and everyone he lives with aren't tech savvy. Could he be doing something that I can explain to stop?

Thanks,

• Re: ipad/Directv issue
          shaysfn Novice

Hey FearlessRay,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that your dad is having some issues with the use of the app on his IPad.

In the upper right hand corner of the IPad, there should be a little picture of a remote.  If you tap that, it should bring up a virtual remote that

looks exactly like the one that operates the Directv box.  This remote has all of the functionality of a real remote as well.  So, if the guide is up,

he should be able to bring up that remote and tap the virtual guide button and the guide should go away.

I would also recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the IPad.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team