6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2012 2:49 PM by corseford RSS

Dropping Connection

corseford

I have Slingbox Solo, all settings (internet, router, cables etc etc) are correct. Every time I connect I get picture & sound for about 10secs, then it freezes (then "cannot connect to slingbox message). Network speed is ok.

Anyone have a suggestion?

J

• Re: Dropping Connection
          corseford

Additionally, I have network cable directly from router to slingbox, port forwarding setup correctly and 100Mb internet speed.

I can only assume its the slingbox that is faulty.

Help !!!

J

etiennemh

Hi,

Same problem. There my sling box get connected 10 sec. Bam reset!!

I succed to reach them! after 20 minutes, she want to charge 30$!

Im like guys your servers is down. Hello!!! No sir everything is fine!

rickpo

Ok, I finally got through after about 70 minutes and spoke to someone who claimed the Sling Link could not work because it was not on the same line/fuse.  I told her nowhere does it say that in the adverstised info but she said that how it is and that I needed to buy a wireless ethernet extender box.  Just for grins I decided to remove the other plugged in device that was plugged inot the standard 2 plug outlet and it works great now.  And by the way this plud is on a different circuit (fuse) then where the Slingbox is plugged in at the other end of the house.  Be glad that you did NOT pay the $30 to get a unqualifed script reader who will just tell you buy another thing to make their thing work...

So if you using a Slink Link ethernet extender make sure it is the only thing plugged inot that outlet.  on both ends.

corseford

Well I have not contacted support. Tried all day to fix this issue. I am using a wired connection, so this SHOULD WORK.

Latest try produced a message "you slingbox has been disconnected due to a slow internet connection"

plugged the SAME cable into a laptop and ran a speedtest.......26Mb download, 8Mb upload  !!!!

What speed does this box need ???

Anyone else out there fixed this issue? Do Slingbox engineers read this forum?

J