3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 11:04 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Support for Sony SMP-N200

dbry123

Is there ever any likelihood of this being a supported device to play on ordinary or smart TVs?

• Re: Support for Sony SMP-N200
          alanrichey42 Master

There are 2 seperate questions here:

Is there ever any likelihood of this being a supported device

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either

to play on ordinary or smart TVs?

At the moment the only way to show a Sling stream on an ordinary or smart TV is via another box (Slingcatcher, Boxee).

Al

dbry123

There was a forum entry on 23-Feb-2012 09:42  and the reply was that the SMP-N200 was an unsupported device.

I thoiught it was fair question since I have one as far as I can see it is similar to WDTV or Boxee (and I presume Slingcatcher, but it seems in some forum entries that people are saying slingcatcher is no longer available).

Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, you're right, it was a fair question, it is just that I had no idea what a Sony SMP-N200 was.  I had assumed it was a normal STB/PVR/Satellite/DVD device that wasn't supported when you tried to install a remote.   So in that context your question made no sense.

Now I have googled 'Sony SMP-N200' I understand what you are saying.  And I guess I would say no    I would have thought the ROKU box was ahead in the queue, and there is no sign of a Slingplayer app for that.   And you are right, Sling have discontinued the Slingcatcher, although you can still get them on E-Bay.