4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2012 2:07 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

My On-Screen Remote has disappeared and cannot get it back.

alnoland

"3,   My On-Screen Remote has suddenly disappeared.

First make sure you have actually selected ‘Show Remote’ on the web-based player, and/or tapped on the Remote icon on Slingplayer.

If that option is greyed out then rerun the ‘Setup Video Sources’ to refresh the details in the Slingbox in case they have been corrupted.

If you do not get a list of manufacturers showing up, or you get a message along the lines of ‘This Slingbox was not designed for use in ..<your country>’ and this happens regardless of country then your box has probably failed and you need to contact Sling Support.

If that does not help try resetting the Slingbox and starting again from scratch.

If that fails then post a question on the Forum but again make sure you mention you have carried out all the tests described in this post.

Please do NOT continue this thread.  If you wish to comment start a new thread.

Al Richey"

1.  The Show remote on the desktop app is greyed out.  The browser version will show the remote, but the buttons are greyed out.

2.  When I go to "Setup Video Sources", the section where I select my device just says "Other."  The web based one shows no items.

3.  I tried re-installing the desktop app.  I choose the option to remove all files.  Still didn't allow me to configure a device for a source.

4.  I have power off the sling box and used the "Reset" button.  Didn't help.

One day last week I was place shifting.  Everything was working fine.  At some point the remote dissapeared and I haven't been able to get it back since.  Keyboard commands don't work either.

Please help. 

• Re: My On-Screen Remote has disappeared and cannot get it back.
          shaysfn Novice

Hey alnoland,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that your having trouble getting your remote for your Slingbox.  I do have a couple of questions for you.  The first being are you using Slingbox.com and clicking on Watch, if you are, what browser are you using? 

Are you trying to use the desktop player?  We no longer support the desktop browser and do recommend that our customers use the browser and Slingbox.com/Watch.

I'm not sure exactly what you were doing when you lost the remote, did you move?  Have you replaced any of your equipment, such as your router or your set top box?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team

• Re: My On-Screen Remote has disappeared and cannot get it back.
            alanrichey42 Master
            One day last week I was place shifting.  Everything was working fine.  At some point the remote dissapeared and I haven't been able to get it back since.  Keyboard commands don't work either. 

U21, a TS1117 3.3V voltage  regulator, has probably failed in your Slingbox.   If you had done a Forum search for "no manufacturers" you would have  seen lots of postings about this problem.   It's a known design fault and you should be able to get a new box.