I do apologize that you were not able to find your cable box in our database and that you're not able to change channels. There could be more than one reason on why you are not able to change channels. The list below shows possible reasons for your issue:
- Not having your cable box in our data base
- You may not have the IR Emitter cable plugged in, or it is not positioned right
- You may need to try out different cable box models
Please review the links below for further information:
- IR Blaster/Remote Control Troubleshooting for Slingboxes
- Let's reconfigure your Slingbox
- Help finding your virtual remote control with the Supported Video Sources Tool
- To set up a new Slingbox, or change the settings on an existing one, use SlingPlayer for Windows or SlingPlayer for Mac (they're free).
After reviewing the links above, and the issue persist I would recommend to see if there has been a custom remote has been made for your specific model. You may need to submit an enhancement request. For further reference, please review the links below:
- How to upload custom remote .BIN files
- How to post a remote control request in the Slingbox Enhancement Request Forum
SlingMedia Support Team!