4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 6:36 PM by JamFamTV RSS

"Channel Up" / "Channel Down" Not Working On iPhone Or iPad App On My SlingPlayer App

JamFamTV

I have a single SlingBox Pro HD and recently had a new SlingBox Pro HD delivered as a replacement for my previous SlingBox.  I am using it on a Motorla DCX3400-M.  Everything is working fine except being able to turn the channels up and down when on the D-Pad menu in the App on my iPhone or iPad.  Although in the D-Pad menu the up and down arrows do appear as though the infrared signal is being received as the infrared display is blinking on my digital cable box.  The D-Pad menu up and down just does not register the signal by completing the changing of the channel when pressing the channel up or down.    

However, on the App when I'm on the Guide Menu for my cable provider the "up" / "down" works just fine when I'm in this mode for scrolling through the channel guide.  Furthermore, when I'm in the Keypad menu on the App I'm able to change the channels by manually inputting the channel.  Also when I'm on my computer I'm able to turn the channels up and down so it appears that my IR Blasters are working just fine.  I'm just not able to turn the channels up and down on the App on my iPhone or iPad in the D-Pad menu.  

I've talked to TechSupport and was told to delete the App and then reinstall the App.  Then I was told to turn off my phone and wait 15 seconds and then restart my phone.  This, however, did not fix the issue.  I have tried using different remotes for my SlingBox and have also tried to reset my SlingBox and neither of these tasks fixed the problem either.  TechSupport told for me to contact Apple TechSupport and tell them about the problem as this seemed to be an App related issue and that they would be the ones to resolve the issue.  I contacted Apple TechSupport and they said they had no control within the functionality of third-party app designers.  Is there anyway that I can please get some guidance on fixing this issue or for this issue to be fixed on the D-Pad menu for the App on my iPhone or iPad so this bug can be fixed please?

• Re: "Channel Up" / "Channel Down" Not Working On iPhone Or iPad App On My SlingBox Pro HD
          alanrichey42 Master

Both of the Support people are talking absolute rubbish    It sounds to me as though everything is working exactly as it should do.

I don't understand why you expect to be able to change channels on your iPhone using the D-Pad remote ?   Those up/down/left/right buttons are for navigating around menus, not for changing channels. 

If you want to change Channels then you select the 'All' remote and scroll across till you get the Channel Up/Down options displayed.

Or am I missing something ?

• Re: "Channel Up" / "Channel Down" Not Working On iPhone Or iPad App On My SlingBox Pro HD
              JamFamTV

I've been able to change the channels up and down from the D-Pad menu with the SlingPlayer App previously and also the TechSupport representative was troubleshooting the issue as if this is supposed to be a working feature within the D-Pad menu so if this did change recently that is news to me and I assume it was also news to the TechSupport representative as well as I just talked to TechSupport on August 18th.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, maybe we are talking at cross purposes here.   When you talk about the up/down arrows on the D-Pad screen, are you talking about the up/down/left/right controls around the circular OK button, or are you talking about the Page+/Page down buttons on the right of the screen.   I had assumed you meant the normal up/down buttons ?

If you are talking about the Pg+/- buttons then that is a different matter.   Those buttons can be mapped to anything depending on the whim of the Sling designer, so maybe they have recently changed the mapping codes ?

So it isn't anything you have done, it is more likely the technicians have simply amended the database.   In that case I am more then happy to build you a Custom Remote that re-maps the Channel+/- codes onto those buttons.  Are you Comcast or Time Warner or someone else ?