2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 4:35 PM by gordongekko RSS

iPhone - Slingplayer connection lost

gordongekko

Issue:  When I attempt to connect to my Slingbox Solo via my iPhone 4S on AT&T's 3G/4G network, I get the following message: "SlingPlayer connection lost.  Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the Internet and try again."

Question:  How can I fix my issue such that I can connect to my Slingbox Solo properly from my iPhone SlingPlayer software.

Other info:  For the record, I can connect to the Slingbox via my PC (www.slingbox.com) within my home network (same network as the Slingbox Solo).  I haven't tried a PC connection from another network.  Also, if I'm connected via my PC and I attempt to connect via my iPhone, my iPhone SlingPlayer asks if I wan to disconnect an existing user, so it has some visibility to my Slingbox Solo.  I have been able to use my iPhone to connect in the past, so I'm not sure what has happened between the last time I used it (many months ago) and now.

Thanks for the help.

• Re: iPhone - Slingplayer connection lost
          shaysfn Novice

Hey gordongekko,

Thanks for using our Answers forum.  I understand that you are trying to connect to your Slingbox via your IPhone and are not able to do so.

I have an article,  How to uninstall and reinstall Slingplayer for IPhone, IPod touch or IPad  which will provide information that should help resolve this

issue.

I would also recommend going to setup.slingbox.com and making sure that your Slingbox is configured for internet viewing, the fact that at

one time you were able to view your Slingbox on your IPhone leads me to believe that it was, I would do it again to make sure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team

• Re: iPhone - Slingplayer connection lost
              gordongekko

Thanks for the reply.

I have confirm my Slingbox is ready for internet viewing (I went through the router configuration routine).

Regarding the iPhone, I don't sync it with a computer.  So, instead of following the instructions in your link, I deleted the app from my phone and re-downloaded it from iTunes.

Unfortunatley, the two suggestions didn't fix my problem.  I get the aforemntioned error whether I try to connect via my iPhone at home (on the same wifi network as the slingbox) or on AT&T's 3g/4g network.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.