7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2012 6:37 PM by wrighcl RSS

License check

readdmr

I am having difficulty using the SlingPlayer for Phones app on my tablet.

Android version 4.0.3

I am getting the message "SlingPlayer could not complete Android license check.  Please make sure your phone is connected to internet  and you sign into your Android Market client on your device.

I have searched these forums, but the only solution I have seen is to uninstall and reinstall.  I have done this multiple times and it will not work.

I did experience the same issue on my cell phone about a month ago, but uninstallling and reinstalling worked on that.  I have been able to run the software on a different tablet with android 4.0.4.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: License check
          wrighcl

I am having the exact same issue on a tablet.

beckifields Novice

Hello readdmr and wrighcl,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the land of the forums.  We do apologize that you are having issues with your Slingplayer for Android app.

We do have a few things that you can try, in which I understand you might have already tried one of them.

• Uninstall and then simply reinstall the app from the Google Play Market Place

• Try clearing the data on the app in the system settings on your Android phone.

Hope this information helps!

The Slingbox Moderation Team.

readdmr

How do i clear the data on the phone?

beckifields Novice

Hello

Thanks for reaching out to us again.  There are a few different ways to do this, depending on the type of phone that you have.  In this instance we would recommend that you contact your phone provider in getting the actual steps on clearing out the cache in your phone.

With Kind Regards,

The Slingbox Moderation Team

readdmr

I have cleared the cache and data for the slingplayer from my phone.  This did not fix the problem, but it did temporarily make it worse.  The phone gave me the same license error after clearing the items.  I had to uninstall and reinstall the app on the phone for the phone to start working again.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

wrighcl

Hello,I am still having the license check issue

Every time i try to use the slingplayer for my android tablet i am forced to clear data and basically start from scratch.

It works for a few minutes but any time the device sends/receives data, reminder notifications, etc the slingplayer malfunctions and loses the connection so I have to start all over again by going in and clearing the data, accepting license agreement and logging in. It is useless and people dont understand why I try to use it. Will there be an update or patch for this? If I just had to restart it that would be better but i have to jump through so many hoops. please help as i would like to upgrade to an hd unit soon.