10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2012 1:44 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

remote request for Pace DSR7141

Pacefrance

can someone please create a  remote control for a HD zapper? Several of our customers complain our  most recent products are not referenced.

Product: Pace DSR7141/18

I've tried the Custom Remote at M7 SAT801  without success.

After verification, the remote has been customised (RC6 Mode6A and system code=038 decimal)

If I can be of any help, please let me know

Thanks for your help

• Re: remote request for Pace DSR7141
          alanrichey42 Master

I normally build remotes by loading the device onto my Logitech Harmony Remote and use that to 'mimic' the original remote so I can analyse the signals.  Unfortunately the DSR7141/18 is not in the Logitech database.  There is a Pace DRS7141/22, but as I told you in the other thread that uses the same protocol (XMP-1) and codes as the M7 SAT01, not the RC6 protocol as you seem to be stating.

Is there any way you can get your device into my Harmony account ?

Pacefrance

If you can, try to access my account

alanrichey42 Master

Doesn't work, I get invalid entry.   Do you use the web-based system or the standalone software ?   And remember, even if I do access it it will force a change in remote type which then destroys and customised buttons.   I have a 659.

Pacefrance

I used the web-based system.

Following your comment, I've done teh same exercise with the standalone SW and was able to save the "Connectivity.EZHex". I don't know if this is helpful with your own harmony but this file should be downloadable.

I had to recreate an account ID (details attached) with the standalone app (you can have the full list of keys I've programmed)

alanrichey42 Master

No the Connectivity file is of no use, but the standalone account works fine.

So, first attempt attached.  It does use RC6, but it is an unusual variant, so I am not 100% confident.

Also, nearly all the 'Additional Buttons' (Colour buttons and Page+/-, Teletext, Fav...) did not come with a clean signal, so you might have to relearn those.

Otherwise it looks OK, any good ?

Pacefrance

It does not work.

I had some trouble to load the file. If I load it directly (S2010PL.BIN), all the keys of the on screen remote are gray. I had to load the file from M7, check that some buttons of the on screen remote are white, then reload the DSR7141 IR code file to have an on screen remote not fully gray. It looks like the file is not correctly loaded. Btw, the process to load is slightly different with the latest Slingbox  version. There is no  (For WIN7 use C:\Program Files(x86)\Sling  Media\Slingplayer\SBAV\). You  just have to provide the path where your  file is located.

I've tested this file with a Multiprotocol IR decoder and nothing was detected from the Slingbox IRBlaster. To have a better understanding of the signal, I've used a redrat to learn the signal provided by the IR blaster from the Slingbox but my redrat blaster was unable to detect any signal. In both cases, I've checked first that I was able to get signal with the remote to be sure my setup was working fine.

Otherwise, several buttons are not present (color buttons, page up...), reason why almost all the additional buttons are not clean, I've added mostly the buttons related to the PVR feature. I've attached the picture of the remote.

alanrichey42 Master

Ok you obviously aren't reading the instructions properly 

Pacefrance wrote:

It does not work.

I quote:  "...IMPORTANT:  If you have any problems PLEASE read ALL of this file before you post a question on the forums.  In particular, if you just reply that 'it doesn't work' you probably wont get any furtherassistance...."

But i will let you off on that

I had some trouble to load the file. If I load it directly (S2010PL.BIN), all the keys of the on screen remote are gray. I had to load the file from M7, check that some buttons of the on screen remote are white, then reload the DSR7141 IR code file to have an on screen remote not fully gray. It looks like the file is not correctly loaded. Btw, the process to load is slightly different with the latest Slingbox  version. There is no  (For WIN7 use C:\Program Files(x86)\Sling  Media\Slingplayer\SBAV\). You  just have to provide the path where your  file is located.

You appear to be mixing up the 2 methods of installation.   If you are typing in S1010PL.BIN then I assume you are doing it through the browser.  But the reference to C:\Program Files(x86)\Sling  Media\Slingplayer\SBAV\ relates to the standalone Slingplayer.   So do one of the other, not both.   Personally I prefer the standalone version.

I had some trouble to load the file. If I load it directly (S2010PL.BIN), all the keys of the on screen remote are gray.

I've checked the BIN file and most of the buttons are definately mapped, so that must have been a bad download.  Again, I would recommend using the standalone Slingplayer to do this, it has lots of error checking that the web browser is lacking.    So try it with that.  If it still fails then I've attached another copy of the BIN files in case they were not uploaded to this board correctly.

Otherwise, several buttons are not present (color buttons, page up...), reason why almost all the additional buttons are not clean, I've added mostly the buttons related to the PVR feature. I've attached the picture of the remote.

OK, just let me know which buttons don't work.