24 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2012 8:21 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote control BIN file for Topfield CBP-2001

lkodk Newbie

Hi there,

I have just bought a Slingbox PRO-HD and was planning to connect a cable settop box hat I have ordered called "Topfield CBP-2001 CI+" with PVR function.
      While waiting for the settop box, I have looked into how to connect the Slingbox and the Topfield box, but I have now realised that the Slingbox doesn't recognize this brand/model of cable box.

Does anybody out there have a BIN file for that box, or is there somebody who can assist in how to create such file?

Thanks.

br

Lars

• Re: Remote control BIN file for Topfield CBP-2001
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

lkodk Newbie

Hi Al,

Thanks for the link, and for your quick reply.

Even though I have searched this and other forums for BIN files for this exact model without any luck, I can see I have to stop at point no 1 for now. Further research showed that Slingbox do have other Topfield devices on their list. Even though they are sat boxes, they might do the trick.

I have to wait for the box to arrive at my doorstep first to check it out though. Hopefully it should only be a couple of more days waiting. :-)

Thanks alot so far.

Lars

alanrichey42 Master

OK, let me know if you need a Custom Remote built.

lkodk Newbie

Hi Al,

I have tried every Topfield remotes available.

The one called Topfield SBP 2010 Satelite do get the job done 99,9% of the way. Even the skin looks like the real remote. But one crucial thing is not working, and that is the on/off button. It does nothing. All other functions works fine though.

So would it be too much trouble for you to create a custom remote?

What do you need from me in order to do that?

Thanks

br

Lars

alanrichey42 Master

OK, that seems odd as they have identical Power commands.  Maybe Sling  have screwed up their BIN file.   In fact all Topfield boxes use the  similar codes.

Try the Custom Remote for the TF-5800 over at the JP1 forum I linked to in the original recommeded thread and see what happens.

lkodk Newbie

Thanks Al. I just tried that, but the TF-5800 only works with very limited functionality. I'm currently using the TF5000PVR that can be chosen while setting up the slingbox, which works better. But it is still limited to the basics, and a lot of functionality is still missing.

But maybe you're right that Sling messed up the BIN file for the SBP-2010, because for almost all other Topfield remotes, no matter how limited the functionality, the power button always works :-)

Maybe I should write sling support and have them look into it, but from what I can interpret from the forum, it is not something they are very quick about.

Thanks again.

/Lars

alanrichey42 Master

OK, here is a Custom Remote.  It uses the default remote image but should have all the functionality you need.  I am asking around the other 'hackers' to try and find out how to graft it onto a realistic remote image.

lkodk Newbie

Wow! Thanks Al.

Some buttons are still missing though, because the default remote skin simply doesn't have enough buttons.

But the bin you have just created does contain one important button that the others didn't have. The white button!

Thanks alot. This will do for now.

br

Lars

alanrichey42 Master

Aren't they all available as Custom Buttons ?

lkodk Newbie

Sorry no. I only see the default layout of the standard remote skin.

Is Customs Buttons something that need to be activated somewhere in my setup?

alanrichey42 Master

Well, you could always try reading the instructions I took so much trouble over    I quote:

BUTTON MAPPING
                                                  --------------
                                                  I have mapped all the logical keys.  Extra functions have been mapped to the Custom Menu on the remote (Tap the Menu button at the top of the remote and select Custom, or on the web Player right-click on the Remote) as follows:

Custom 10:    Audio
                                                  Custom 11:    Aspect
                                                  Custom 12:    Sat
                                                  Custom 13:    Aux
                                                  Custom 14:    Library
                                                  Custom 15:    Sleep
                                                  Custom 16:    Subtitle
                                                  Custom 17:    Teletext
                                                  Custom 18:    Video format
                                                  Custom 19:    TV/Radio
                                                  Custom 20:    Frame
                                                  Custom 21:    List

And if you are using the Standalone Slingplayer for MAC or Slingplayer 1.5 for the PC, neither of which have not been updated to show colour buttons on the basic remote then:

Custom 22:    Red
                                                  Custom 23:    Green
                                                  Custom 24:    Yellow
                                                  Custom 25:    Blue
                                                  Custom 26:      White

lkodk Newbie

Ooops. Am I embarassed now! It's getting late at night here, that's my excuse. I hadn't even seen the text document in the zip file. I am so sorry.

They are there of course when I rightclick the remote, in Internet Explorer on my Windows machine. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that rightclicking on the remote is supported on mac. **** you sling!

Thanks a bunch. It is really appreciated.

/Lars

alanrichey42 Master

That's OK, we've all been there    I now have the code, but unfortuntely I cannot understand what the functions on the remote are as there are no words, only picture.  So far I have

1.     V-Format (Video-Format?), A/R (is that Aspect Ratio), Aux and ???  on the ones above the number.   The AUX has been disabled by Sling, so I cannot map that one.  What is the far right one ?

2.   I have no idea of the 4 buttons above the zero ??

3.   What is the one above the SAT button ?

Al

alanrichey42 Master

OK, done some guesswork and lateral thinking    New BIN files attached.  So, same procedure, drop them in the \SBAV\ folder, run the setup but use "Standalone DVR" (I know it's wrong but trust me) "TopField" as the Manufacturer. "Other" as the Model and V1260 as the Custom Code

How were my guesses ?

I still have a List function that didn't seem to belong to a button.

lkodk Newbie

Hi Al,

I have had the time now to check it out. I have tried to update it via the SlingPlayer for Windows and Slingplayer for Mac. On SlingPlayer for Windows it said "no update found" (or something similar), while downloading the remote.

I don't see much of a difference in the remote other than a fewer "custom" entries in the menu. As I do not know what to expect, I thought I would just mention it

The Custom numbers reflects the following:

10 = V.Format button (Video Resolution)

11 = A/R (Aspect Ratio)

12 = ?? Doesn't seem to do anything (maybe SAT)

13 = Switch between TV/Radio Services

14 = Audiotrack selection

15 = TeleText

16 = Subtitle selection

17 = Sleep timer

18 = ?? Doesn't seem to do anything (maybe SAT)

19 = Display list of recordings

To answer your questions from your previous reply:

1)
                                                                  V.Format = Video Resolution

A/R = Aspect Ratio
                                                                  AUX is used to switch to Scart input. If it is disabled fine. Who uses scart these days

The far right in that row above the numbers depicts a TV/ a Radio = Custom no 13

2)

Don't you mean the four below the 0 ?

From left they are:
                                                                  - Audiotrack selection (Custom 14)

- TeleText (Custom 15)

- Subtitle selection (Custom 16)

- Sleep timer (Custom 17)

3)
                                                                  The one above the SAT button is used to display the list of recordings (Custom 19)

The List function I am not 100% sure about. I could be Custom 19, but on the other hand it could also just be the OK button. Because on the remote itself the center OK button is called "OK/List", as it is also used to display the program listing.

I have attached an excerpt from the manual covering the remote. I hope I don't make myself guilty of copyright infringements by doing this

Thanks a lot so far.

br
                                                                  Lars

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                      I have had the time now to check it out. I have tried to update it via the SlingPlayer for Windows and Slingplayer for Mac. On SlingPlayer for Windows it said "no update found" (or something similar), while downloading the remote.

That is because you already had the remote image on your computer from previous setups.

I don't see much of a difference in the remote other than a fewer "custom" entries in the menu. As I do not know what to expect, I thought I would just mention it

It should be showing you the proper remote instead of the default one ?   In the standalone Slingplayer for Windows select Connect > Remote Keys and make sure the Topfield remote is the one selected.   It must be a similar system for the Mac.

The Custom numbers reflects the following:

I know all that, remember I designed the remote

The List function I am not 100% sure about. I could be Custom 19, but on the other hand it could also just be the OK button. Because on the remote itself the center OK button is called "OK/List", as it is also used to display the program listing

Of course, hadn't noticed that.  And also had not noticed that OK & List send the same code, so it is irrelvant.

So it looks as though my guesswork was 100% correct    And as I said before, I suspect you haven't selected the Topfield remote image ?   That should have happened automatically but sometimes it needs a shove.

lkodk Newbie

I know I know, I just thought you weren't sure of some of the codes/functions. But at least I was able to confirm them then

Unfortunately I cannot choose a Topfield remote. For some strange reason I only have the "PVR/VCR Remote (Basic)".

Not sure where I have gone wrong. This time I am pretty sure I have followed your instructions to the point

But just to be sure:
                                                                          I have copied the V1260 BIN files to C:\Program Files\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV

For good measure I copied both, even though I believe I only need the PL file.

In the setup, I chose Standalone PVR, Brand: Topfield and Model: Other
                                                                          When choosing code, I selected Custom and entered V1260, and it was accepted as the codes responded to the test.

To be honest I did some things prioer to that. I don't know if this can have messed something up.

First I tried to upload it via the webplayer, and when this didn't look/feel any different I installed the Mac Slingplayer and ran through the installation putting the files in "Applications/SlingPlayer.app/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources", but following above description.
                                                                          Again, when this didn't look different I ended up with the description above.

I have tried rebooting the Slingbox, log off/on the sling account, but nothing changes

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                              Unfortunately I cannot choose a Topfield remote. For some strange reason I only have the "PVR/VCR Remote (Basic)".

Not sure where I have gone wrong. This time I am pretty sure I have followed your instructions to the point

OK, I am a bit mystified.  You seem to have done everything right, but when I did it I get the Topfield remote image.   Let's try a few things, have to be on the Windows machine as I know nothing about the Mac.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\2.0\Remote\  (You will need to set "View Hidden Files and Folders").   This is where the image files are stored, and you should have a Default.spr and a Topfield_RC2010.spr file ?    If you do, try deleting the Topfield_RC2010.spr file and then run through the setup again.   This time, instead of the message "No update found" and the end, it should download that SPR file.

If it doesn't, or you don't have that SPR file then I have attached a copy.   So put it in that folder, start the standalone Slingplayer and then see if it pops up as an option under Connect > Remote keys.