3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 11:42 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Please help me!!

sddreo

I have got slingbox solo (sb260-110) UK version.

Can I use this item in the USA?

• Re: Please help me!!
          beckifields Novice

Hello sddreo,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the land of the Forums.  In regard to your UK Slingbox, we do need to inform you that technically the devices are not interchangeable between countries.   The UK Slingbox uses 240VAC for power, comes with a PAL TV tuner, and is optimized for the UK television frequency range.

Hope this helps!

The Slingbox Moderation Team.

callanish Apprentice

That's incorrect. The Solo doesn't even have a tuner, so that's not relevant.. You can also purchase a 11OV  ( The U.K isn't 240V, it's 220V) power supply which is interchangeable. The problem is that the firmware on the solo  is geo-regional, so you'll need to integrate a custom remote bin file into the solo because the remote codes for a U.S sat / cable  box won't be included on the U.K slingbox firmware.

alanrichey42 Master

I agree 99%    I would just add that in my experience not all the remotes are geospecific, some seem to appear in both types of boxes  (I have a US box operating in the UK).  But I have never figured out the logic.  But as callanish pointed out, if your USA A/V device does not appear in the supported list I can normally build you a remote as long as it not some esoteric box made by an unknown manufacturer.