17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2012 4:27 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote control request - Dat@ge HDpro-i5

jeffwong

Hi

I cannot find any remote selection that is suitable for my set-top box with tv recording functions.

Could anyone help give me the bin file?

or can I get those IR codes by any means for you to help build the bin file?

I feel depressed that I can't control My set-top box using Slingbox.   Seems it is useless..

Thank you so much.

Jeff

• Re: Remote control request - Dat@ge HDpro-i5
          alanrichey42 Master

Well I cannot find any trace of a STB manufacturer called Data@ge, nothing shows up on Google.  Can you point me to their website ?

jeffwong

Hi AI

The website is www.datage.com.cn

Thanks a lot

Jeff

alanrichey42 Master

OK, got it now.  But can't help I'm afraid.  I normally install these unsupported devices onto my Logitech Harmony Remote to analyse the IR Signal, but  this Company is not a recognised manufacturer on the Logitech database.  Sorry.

jeffwong

Hi AI,

I've got all IR codes for the remote controller from manufacturer.

I need to express my sincere gratitude to you if you can help build the bin file for me.

Attached is the remote photo with all IR codes.

Many thanks

Jeff

alanrichey42 Master

Close but not close enough.    An IR signal consists of 3 components:

1.   The IR protocol actually used to transmit the signal  (NEC1, Nokia32, RC5 are some examples)

2.   A Device Number (and possibly a sub-device number) so only the correct device responds.

3.   A code for each of the buttons.

The image gives me Number 3, which is good.   But I still need to know 1 & 2.    Maybe the Company can provide those ?

alanrichey42 Master

I just had a thought, and compared those buttons codes with the other 500+ Custom Remotes I have built and they seem to match this box AC Ryan ACR-PV73100    (IR Protocol NEC1, Device 0, Sub-Device 159)

Worth trying in case they use the same underlying core.

jeffwong

Hi AI,

I downloaded your provided files.

GREAT....some of the buttons work below. But some are not. My android phone can control my STB too.

I just uploaded one of the files, not 2 since the webpage only allows uploading one file.  Could you advise how the rest buttons can be done? 

- Up and Down (not responding accurately, click once, the STB options move up twice)

- Left

- Right

- Guide (matching "HOME" button of my remote)

- Menu

- Stop

- Play

- INFO (matching "REC" button of my remote)

- Rewind

- Fast Forward

- Select/OK

- EXIT (matching "BACK" buttion of my remote)

- ON/OFF

- Numbers 1 to 0

From above responses, it is ok for you to help build complete set for my remote and use my remote photo?

Again, thank you so much

Jeff

alanrichey42 Master
                                      From above responses, it is ok for you to help build complete set for my remote and use my remote photo?

Yes, although I cannot guarantee it, as my hex-dec conversion is a bit rusty

How about this one.

jeffwong

Hi AI,

Thank you for your updated bin file.  It is unbelievable that my problem can be solved by you.  Really thank you !!

Almost all previous problems are fixed.  Below are some revisions and additions.

Could you please spend some more time on them?

Remote controller shonw on PC

- EXIT button on remote shown on PC: use IR code 0x4E and change the button wording to "EPG"

- enable GUIDE button, use IR code 0x47, and change button wording from "GUIDE" to "HOME"

- enable Back button (left to the REC button), use IR code 0x4F

- enable CHANNEL + and - button, use IR code 0x43 for "+" and 0x0A for "-"

To make it even better, could you please further help below buttons?

On Android SlingPlay remote:

- Menu (use IR code 0x16), now "Setup" is using 0x16

- Setup (use IR code 0x1A)

- Cancel (use IR code 0x13) and change button wording "Cancel" to "Stop"

- Info (use IR code 0x16) and change button wording "Info" to "Menu"

- delete some Custome buttons, only need below:

1) Home (IR code 0x47)

2) Back (IR code 0x4F)

3) EPG (IR code 0x4E)

4) Time Shift (IR code 0x5A)

5) Info (IR code 0x0D)

Regards

Jeff

alanrichey42 Master
                                              Remote controller shonw on PC

- EXIT button on remote shown on PC: use IR code 0x4E and change the button wording to "EPG"

- enable GUIDE button, use IR code 0x47, and change button wording from "GUIDE" to "HOME"

- enable Back button (left to the REC button), use IR code 0x4F

- enable CHANNEL + and - button, use IR code 0x43 for "+" and 0x0A for "-"

OK, first thing to say is I cannot chnage the design of the remote at all, that is down to Sling.  That is why I designed my own 'generic' remote (see

https://community.sling.com/thread/8533?tstart=0)

So I've amended 1 & 2 of your request a bit.  If it's wrong let me know :

1.  I've actually enabled the Guide button for EPG (seemed more logical) and used Code 4E (The code for the Green button ?)

2.  I've put the Home function on the 5th colour button (White/Grey) so you always have instant access

3.  Not sure why I missed the Back button, now added.

4.  Done, up and down arrows now repeated on the Channel buttons.

To make it even better, could you please further help below buttons?

On Android SlingPlay remote:

- Menu (use IR code 0x16), now "Setup" is using 0x16

- Setup (use IR code 0x1A)

- Cancel (use IR code 0x13) and change button wording "Cancel" to "Stop"

- Info (use IR code 0x16) and change button wording "Info" to "Menu"

- delete some Custome buttons, only need below:

1) Home (IR code 0x47)

2) Back (IR code 0x4F)

3) EPG (IR code 0x4E)

4) Time Shift (IR code 0x5A)

5) Info (IR code 0x0D)

I know absolutely nothing about the Android remote, so a lot of this is guesswork.  And they are not independent, they both use the same BIN file you downloaded to the Slingbox.  So, whatever I change for the Android will also affect the PC one.  But I can do some things that probably won't cause any trouble (Again, I cannot chnage the names, that is hardwired by Sling.

I've deleted all the Custom Buttons, you now have:   Custom 10 as Home (Unless the Android remote has an equivalent to the PC White button ?) and Custom 11 as Time Shift.    EPG should now have appeared on the Guide buttton, the Back button should be active, Info is stuck because it is fixed on the PC but I have added the Stop code to to the Cancel button.   The Setup was my mistake, I typed 66 instead of 26 into the map (I told you my mental hex-dec was flaky :- )

New BIN files attached.    Where do we stand now ?

jeffwong

Hi AI,

Thank you for your great work.

I can nearly fully control my STB.

If possible, could you help configure below for me please?

On the remote

1) The HOME function on the 5th colour button (white/grey) is not working

2) The BACK button is not working (do you mean the left one to the REC button?)

3) TIME SHIFT button is not found, could you assign one button to do this?

On Android phone SlingPlayer (please see attached for reference)

1) Time Shift function is there on Custom 11 button. could you rename this button to TIME SHIFT?

2) Custome 10 button is used for "HOME" (IR Code: 0x47), could you rename this button to HOME

3) Menu function on remote is correct (using IR code 0x16) , but on the android (see attached screen) it is used as Setup (IR code:0x1A).  Any clue?

4) Setup button on the attached screen is wrongly used as Menu (IR 0x16)

Thank you again....

Jeff

alanrichey42 Master
                                                      1) The HOME function on the 5th colour button (white/grey) is not working

No explanation for that, it all looks OK from my end.   Does Custom 10 work ?

2) The BACK button is not working (do you mean the left one to the REC button?)

That button cannot be used, Sling have disabled it.  The 'Back' function is mapped to the Exit button.

3) TIME SHIFT button is not found, could you assign one button to do this?

Should be on Custom 11, but I have also mapped it to the <Enter> button (Right of zero) as that wasn't being used.

On Android phone SlingPlayer (please see attached for reference)

1) Time Shift function is there on Custom 11 button. could you rename this button to TIME SHIFT?

2) Custome 10 button is used for "HOME" (IR Code: 0x47), could you rename this button to HOME

I've already told you, I can't change the design of the Remote, that is fixed by Sling.  You will just have to remember the connection.  And count yourself lucky you only have to remember two, some people need to remember 15 !! 

3) Menu function on remote is correct (using IR code 0x16) , but on the android (see attached screen) it is used as Setup (IR code:0x1A).  Any clue?

4) Setup button on the attached screen is wrongly used as Menu (IR 0x16)

Again, I thought we had covered this.  The BIN file is used by ALL viewing systems so if you change it for the Android you screw up the PC remote.  It just looks as though Sling have reversed the mapping.   Nothing I can do about that.

New BIN files attached with Time Shift on the Enter button.