3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2012 7:47 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

question before i buy can I plug my 60inch tv in a other country

sebastien1975

im looking to buy the sling hd model and I want to plus it in here at my home in the states but I want to be able to watch the hd shows on my 60 inch tv back in my native country can I do this with slingbox pro hd

• Re: question before i buy can I plug my 60inch tv in a other country
          alanrichey42 Master

The Slingbox simply transmits the TV picture over the Internet, it has nothing to do with the 'receiving' end.   If you want to watch on a TV you will need some sort of device that allows internet streaming to be displayed and which supports the Sling Player.  Sling used to do a box called the Slingcatcher, but they discontinued it, although you can still pick one up; on E-Bay.   They have produced players for the Boxee box, or if you have a PC/mobile device with a TV-out system you could use that.

sebastien1975

Hi thank you for answering i i get the hd. Ersion and

A slingcatcher for my 60inch will i habe a decent picture

On the 60inch tv will it be full hd like when i watch

It in the u.s

Thana again

alanrichey42 Master

No.   Contrary to the title, the Pro-HD does NOT support watching HD at a remote location.   The HD in the title probably means it will accept an HD signal via the component inputs.   To be fair, if you are watching it on the same LAN as the Slingbox you will probably get a near-HD picture, but if you are watching remotely the quality of picture you get is 100% controlled by the upload speed at the Slingbox location.   I am not sure of the figures, but I would think on a 60" TV you will need at least a 10Mb upload speed at the Slingbox location to get a picture even approaching HD (And a minimum 10Mb download speed at your remote location as well).  Even then, you are at the mercy of the Internet connection between the 2 locations and at peak times that can slow things down dramatically. 

It's all down to the laws of physics