2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 9:52 AM by barbaraharwood RSS

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Does Not Connect When Away from Home

MarcPC

When I am home I have no problem with my tablet connect to my Slingbox Pro.  Once I am away from home I constantly get the message No Connection make sure that both your Slingoox and Tablet are connected to the internet (something like that).  Both my Slingbox and Tablet are always connected to the internet.  How do I resolve this?.

• Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Does Not Connect When Away from Home
          dan97

i have same issue with my galaxy tab2 7 inch... moreover, it works on either ipad or pc... just the android version seems not working... once in a while, i can connect to the stream, i guess it is software bug

• Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Does Not Connect When Away from Home
            barbaraharwood Newbie

Hi MarcPC and  Friend,

Thank you for contacting Slingbox Forum.  I am sorry you are having connection issues with the Android device.

Have you completed the Internet Viewing Test on the home network computer at Slingbox Setup? This will need to say 'Ready for Internet Viewing' to be able to use remotely with a mobile device.

If other devices are working at remote locations, then it seems there may be an issue with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 accepting the Slingbox information. There may be a requirement it does not meet for viewing.   In the following link, you will find the access to see the requirements for various SlingPlayer for Mobile Devices:

You may also want to reinstall the Android App to see if that will clear up the issue. The tablet manufacturer may have insight to a resolution too.

Hope this helps with your issue!

Have a great day!

Sling Moderation Team