5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2012 11:26 AM by tjbinno RSS

Tivo Premiere remote missing A B C D buttons

tjbinno Newbie

I had a Tivo Series 3 with Sling Solo set up and working.

Replaced my Series 3 with a Tivo Premiere in the spring.  Everything works fine even though I had Sling set up with the Series 3 remote--which works fine with the premiere, at least on all the buttons I use.   I recently realized that the Sling remote showing (on both iPad and web viewer) was missing the A B C D buttons --which are used on the premiere to select options and sorting.

Am on the road but able to remote connect to system on same net with sling to reconfigure  I just went thru every Tivo remote and none seem to have the A B C D buttons.

Not a major problem but should be fixed.

• Re: Tivo Premiere remote missing A B C D buttons
          alanrichey42 Master

This has been pointed out by quite a few people before  (Forum search for 'Tivo Premiere').   So we did this:  Tivo Premier

tjbinno Newbie

Finally got around to updating with the following results.

Am not at home but following instructions via remote access to PC at Slingplayer site, I got the Tivo premiere files there and installed.  While using the standalone Slingplayer (on the PC at the SLingplayer site), I saw the Tivo Premiere remote with the ABCD buttons...so progress.

Continuing with your detailed instructions, I copied the Tivo Premiere file to the corresponding folder on my system (remote to Slingplayer but uses web-based access to SLing).  When I bring up the IE Slingplayer, I still see the old remote. 

Is there some instruction I've overlooked that I must do to configure the IE Slingplayer also.  Your instructions just say to copy the file into the appropriate folder which I've already done.

Thanks for the help.

--Terry

alanrichey42 Master

The instructions assumed you were using the PC that you were going to view on.   So as I understand it the one step you didn't do was to run the standalone Slingplayer on your own system to select the correct image ?  (Connect > Remote Keys), 

And remember that while the BIN file has to be installed only the once, as it is downloaded to the Slingbox itself (and you seem to have done that), the   SPR file has to be installed in both folders (one for the standalone Slingplayer, one for the web-based player) on EVERY viewing machine you use, as this is accessed locally.

Make sense ?