4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2012 10:03 AM by archie.sling RSS

Internet connection

ryans7738

My slingbox pro hd worked perfectly fine till the other day. Now I cannot get the network light to turn on. I get an error message that says it cannot connect to the net. Tried everything, even called customer service but they wouldn't help with $30. Already tried to do a system reset... This did nothing

• Re: Internet connection
          Apprentice

Hello ryans7738,

Great Question! I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your network connection. Here is a helpful link that will provide key troubleshooting steps to help resolve your current issue.

Hope this Helps!

Have a great day,

The Sling Moderation Team

ryans7738

I literally tried all steps. I even tried to make sure the ports were open on my router. It literally worked fine forever, then just quit. The last step I tried was the reset. This did nothing. No matter how long or short I held in the reset button... Nothing ever happened. I am grateful for your willingness to help me with this issue. I hope I don't sound whinney, I have done everything I can to get it back up. More advice would be terrific.

lamartek

I have the same problem.  The Slingbox worked great for a couple of years, then suddenly can;t get a network connection.  If I take the ethernet cabel out of the SlinBox and plug it into my laptop, I get a LAN connection just fine.  So NOT the router, NOT the cable but certainly someting in the slingbox.  ANy ideas??

Apprentice

Hello ryans7738,

I am sorry to hear that the same problem is occurring. It may be a fault in the power adapter itself, I would recommend replacing the power adapter (which you can purchase them at any local retailer). Sometimes if the power adapter is not giving off the correct amps, it can cause an issue with the network connection.

Best Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team