4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2012 7:19 PM by busia RSS

Can I watch one program on slingbox in my room while kids watch something else on the tv in another

busia

Can I watch one program on slingbox in my room while kids watch something else on the tv in another?

How will I know if anyone answers this? Not sure how I found this  page or how to get back to it.

• Re: Can I watch one program on slingbox in my room while kids watch something else on the tv in another
          Andyxaspikes

well I dont know if you meant in another.... receiver yes. but if you're watching one program on the slingbox it will be using the receiver where the slingbox is connected. so in other words if you are watching one program on the slingbox whoever is on the actual TV has to watch whatever you are watching. or the other way around.

• Re: Can I watch one program on slingbox in my room while kids watch something else on the tv in another
            busia

The way I'm seeing this, I'd need a Slingbox for each room. I'll get my son to read about this and get his opinion. But, Let me try this a different way. Suppose I rented  a travel trailer  around the corner just to get away from the kids.  The TV and Sling box is in the house. 1.) Can I access  the TV and Slingbox that is in the house and watch from my TV in  the travel trailer? ( BTW..I have an HP Media CEnter PC with a tuner from the first year they made them. Media Center hasn't worked in years). Question 2.)...If the answer to question 1 is yes, CAN I watch  A channel in the travel trailer  other than the channel playing in the house? Question 2  is the one I want an answer to most of all.  Thank you for all your time and responses