13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 11:02 PM by jhougaard RSS

IR codes for Samsung IPTV UHD 87

jhougaard

Can anyone help with these IR codes for new Orange IPTV decoder in France?

• Re: IR codes for Samsung IPTV UHD 87
          alanrichey42 Master

I couldn't find an IPTV with that code but I did find a set-top-box.   Is this any good ?

jhougaard

Hi Alan,

I just got the box from Orange. It does say Samsung TV UHD 87 on the bottom. I know Orange has used Sagem in the past, but for some reason, they have decided to change supplier.

I guess it is unlikely that the Sagem UHD87 codes will fit with the Samsung UHD87? Or what do you think - will Orange specify functionality to that level?

BR,

Jesper

jhougaard

One addition from a quick search of french blogs:

The "UHD87 Slim" from Sagem is the old box marketed by Orange as "UHD86" - only new feature is automatic software update.

The UHD87 from Samsung is marketed as "Decoder TV UHD87" and it goes out to all new Orange IPTV customers. It is indeed a set top box that works off the internet via an ethernet cable.

alanrichey42 Master

Ignore the Sagem that was a typing error.  I meant Samsung.

jhougaard

That is perfect. I will try to download the codes to the Slingbox tomorrow. It is getting kind of late here in France.

Will post the result.

Best,

Jesper

jhougaard

Alan,

I tested it this morning and the .BIN works with the Samsung UHD 87 TV decoder from Orange used in France.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Jesper

alanrichey42 Master

Good, thanks for the feedback.  I've uploaded it here

soleil34

Hi Alan,

Would you have the IR codes for Sagem UHD87 slim?

Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

I can't believe they will be different.  What happens when you install the Custome Remote ?

soleil34

Thanks Alan, it worked.

Sent from my iPhone

Le 9 déc. 2012 à 13:29, alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com> a écrit :

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from alanrichey42 in General questions - View the full discussion

I can't believe they will be different.  What happens when you install the Custome Remote ?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

soleil34

Hi Alan,

After several days of testing the remote, with remote codes of the Samsung IPTV UHD87 installed, it is finally not functionning at all. It only worked the very first time. Overnight the Livebox (Sagem UHD87 slim) goes to sleep and the Slingbox cannot be controlled with the virtual remote, unless both the decoder and the Slingbox get rebooted. I can remotely connect to the Slingbox, the message indicates "Weak or no video signal detected" and when I try to turn the Power button on/off, or any other button,  there is no response. I have tried using Slingplayer, watching online from Slingbox.com or using my iPhone's Slingplayer with no results.

Could you pls help figuring out where the problem lies? Could it be a firmware issue? The Slingbox had problems from day 1 of its purchase. I had to replace the power cable, then the issues with the remote for both earlier version of the Livebox(Sagem UHD86) and the newest version(Sagem UHD87 slim) had started. Since it was not purchased from Slingbox.com(it is a European model bought on Ebay) I wasn't eligible for an exchange.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Oceanbrie

Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 10:29:09 -0800

To: soleil34920@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - IR codes for Samsung IPTV UHD 87

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from alanrichey42 in General questions - View the full discussion

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

alanrichey42 Master

I can't really help much as my area of expertise is simply building the Custom Remote and as it worked once then the codes must be correct.  When it comes to hardware I know nothing. 

Although your description of the problem does lead me to think the IR Blasters are failing.   Have you checked them with digital camera/mobile phone to make sure you get a nice healthy white flash when you tap a button.  (Test with a real remote so you know what you are looking for)